Re: [snowkiteidaho] gorge report

  • Jim Tighe
    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 14, 2013

      Lucky peak was actually on the edge of doable today.  But I choose the not quite side. Very beautiful with a lot of birds fishing. N only a few boaters.

      On Sep 14, 2013 8:59 AM, "Chris Lee" <leelinfat@...> wrote:

      What about in the after at Lake Lowell?  Don't think it's enough to windsurf but may be enough for kite with strong SE wind.

      On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 8:06 AM, Jon Bolt <idakiteman@...> wrote:

      Sunday morning behavior seems driven more by frontal & NW-wide pressures, vs. our typical thermal mechanism.  Pressure is somewhat low now and forecast maps show NW dominated by a Low: http://www.intellicast.com/National/Surface/Forecast24.aspx.  Not the typical setup we like, with higher pressure at airport.  But the strong & long SE flow sure looks juicy...have to watch the LP meter tomorrow and see what's goin' on...

      On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 9:30 PM, Greg <daflyinhawaiian64@...> wrote:

      I am hoping that Sunday will blow at 3mi, but that's ready iffy at this point.
      And yes it would be 8hrs of driving for ??? Hrs of sailing. Does anyone have a read on what the aviation wx site is saying for Sunday am? Up to 17kts has anyone seen that before?
      Sent from my iPhone

      On Sep 13, 2013, at 9:16 PM, Mike Cottingham <macingham13@...> wrote:

      Maybe you would be interested in a ride at the Velodrome or Hidden Springs?  Still wanting to get a trip to the Gorge in this year.  Tell me when you decide to go.

      -Mike

      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 15, 2013
        Anyone going?
      • Jack Harrison
        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 15, 2013

          It could kick in… or not???

          Jack Harrison, PhD, PE, PH-GW

          HyQual, P.A.

          208.861.1654

          Message 4 of 21 , Sep 15, 2013
            I think I'm going to pass on LP this morning and hit Lake Lowell mid-afternoon.  Watching wind will report when/if I head out.

            Eddy

            On Sep 15, 2013, at 7:18 AM, <sortelli@...> wrote:

            Anyone going?

          • Jim shultz

              Message 6 of 21 , Sep 15, 2013
                I'm up at lp 800 barely doable right now. Hoping it picks up.

                Sent from my iPhone

                Message 7 of 21 , Sep 15, 2013
                  7m today at the event site . This was the first day of the season to launch and land on the gress . Good size crowd . Got gusty in the afternoon . The wind never came up at the cost . But the surfing was good . My wife even cought some waves .Will ride again tomorrow morning and head home .     Ps . On second thought I'm going to hang on to my monads . The 7 and the 9 anyway the 11 is foresale          STEVE

                  To: jasonbrickner@...
                  CC: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; boisesailors@...; idahokiteboarding@yahoogroups.com
                  From: idakiteman@...
                  Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 14:21:56 -0600
                  Subject: Re: [BSA] RE: [snowkiteidaho] gorge report

                  ...when conditions get 9m or better like Steve reports, I often find myself needing mo-nads...

                  On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 9:22 AM, Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:

                  Your ‘monad’ hung in there?  What is your ‘monad’ and why would you trade it for a kite.  It sounds important.

                  Good Friday morning…

                  -JBrick

                  Message 8 of 21 , Sep 15, 2013
                    It is good to have monads that are just the right size for the occasion.

                    Sent from my iPhone

                    To: jasonbrickner@...
                    CC: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; boisesailors@...; idahokiteboarding@yahoogroups.com

                    9m yesterday at the event site . Water ski weather every where else . It was a bit gusty . The   r p m' s seemed to rule the day . My monad hung in there , but I mite just trade in for a bridle c kite , RPM . At the cost this morning wind in the forecast this afternoon .

                  • Mike Cottingham
                    Message 9 of 21 , Sep 15, 2013
                      Steve, what kite are you thinking of replacing the 11m with?

                      -Mike

                      To: jasonbrickner@...
                      CC: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; boisesailors@...; idahokiteboarding@yahoogroups.com

                      Message 10 of 21 , Sep 16, 2013
                        Mike
                        I have several kites in that size rang . the 11.5 best kahuna its for sale  kite only amazing low end and great boost  , very good morning wind kite for me at 195 lb. . then there is the 12m sling shot RPM ( flew it this morning at the event site from 11:30 to 1:30 with only 4 other kiters and 2 windsurfers , this is a very fun kite and I recommend it , I am selling this one and plan to buy the 2013 . they made the 2013 12m bigger closer to a 13m I need a little more low end with this  kite . the one I have would work for someone 170 lb. or so . for morning wind , the pros for the RPM , fastest turning 12m I have flown and very gust friendly , great hang time and good boost . cons lite on the low end and self lands like a C kite . I have a 12m  Wainman  this is a good all round kite I plan to keep . The 11m  Cabrinha Nomad is another good all round kite , very user friendly ,  but would work for someone that weighs around 170 lb. for morning wind .
                        Steve

                        Sent: Sunday, September 15, 2013 11:30 PM

                        To: jasonbrickner@...
                        CC: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; boisesailors@...; idahokiteboarding@yahoogroups.com