Re: [BSA] RE: [snowkiteidaho] gorge report

    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 13, 2013
      ...when conditions get 9m or better like Steve reports, I often find myself needing mo-nads...

      On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 9:22 AM, Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:

      Your ‘monad’ hung in there?  What is your ‘monad’ and why would you trade it for a kite.  It sounds important.

      Good Friday morning…

      -JBrick

      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 13, 2013
        Maybe you would be interested in a ride at the Velodrome or Hidden Springs?  Still wanting to get a trip to the Gorge in this year.  Tell me when you decide to go.

        -Mike

        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 13, 2013
          I am hoping that Sunday will blow at 3mi, but that's ready iffy at this point.
          And yes it would be 8hrs of driving for ??? Hrs of sailing. Does anyone have a read on what the aviation wx site is saying for Sunday am? Up to 17kts has anyone seen that before?
          Sent from my iPhone

                Message 7 of 21 , Sep 15, 2013
                  Anyone going?
                • Jack Harrison
                  Message 8 of 21 , Sep 15, 2013

                    It could kick in… or not???

                    Jack Harrison, PhD, PE, PH-GW

                    HyQual, P.A.

                    208.861.1654

                    Message 9 of 21 , Sep 15, 2013
                      I think I'm going to pass on LP this morning and hit Lake Lowell mid-afternoon.  Watching wind will report when/if I head out.

                      Eddy

                      On Sep 15, 2013, at 7:18 AM, <sortelli@...> wrote:

                      Anyone going?

                    • Jim shultz

                        Message 11 of 21 , Sep 15, 2013
                          I'm up at lp 800 barely doable right now. Hoping it picks up.

                          Sent from my iPhone

                          Message 12 of 21 , Sep 15, 2013
                            7m today at the event site . This was the first day of the season to launch and land on the gress . Good size crowd . Got gusty in the afternoon . The wind never came up at the cost . But the surfing was good . My wife even cought some waves .Will ride again tomorrow morning and head home .     Ps . On second thought I'm going to hang on to my monads . The 7 and the 9 anyway the 11 is foresale          STEVE

                            To: jasonbrickner@...
                            CC: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; boisesailors@...; idahokiteboarding@yahoogroups.com

                            Message 13 of 21 , Sep 15, 2013
                              It is good to have monads that are just the right size for the occasion.

                              Sent from my iPhone

                              To: jasonbrickner@...
                              CC: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; boisesailors@...; idahokiteboarding@yahoogroups.com

                              Message 14 of 21 , Sep 15, 2013
                                Steve, what kite are you thinking of replacing the 11m with?

                                -Mike

                                To: jasonbrickner@...
                                CC: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; boisesailors@...; idahokiteboarding@yahoogroups.com

                                Message 15 of 21 , Sep 16, 2013
                                  Mike
                                  I have several kites in that size rang . the 11.5 best kahuna its for sale  kite only amazing low end and great boost  , very good morning wind kite for me at 195 lb. . then there is the 12m sling shot RPM ( flew it this morning at the event site from 11:30 to 1:30 with only 4 other kiters and 2 windsurfers , this is a very fun kite and I recommend it , I am selling this one and plan to buy the 2013 . they made the 2013 12m bigger closer to a 13m I need a little more low end with this  kite . the one I have would work for someone 170 lb. or so . for morning wind , the pros for the RPM , fastest turning 12m I have flown and very gust friendly , great hang time and good boost . cons lite on the low end and self lands like a C kite . I have a 12m  Wainman  this is a good all round kite I plan to keep . The 11m  Cabrinha Nomad is another good all round kite , very user friendly ,  but would work for someone that weighs around 170 lb. for morning wind .
                                  Steve

                                  Sent: Sunday, September 15, 2013 11:30 PM

                                  To: jasonbrickner@...
                                  CC: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; boisesailors@...; idahokiteboarding@yahoogroups.com