Re: [snowkiteidaho] Fw: [BSA] Reason to lock up while sailing at LP

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 8, 2013
      The ACE people say that unfortunately it's not uncommon for bad guys to steal from the cars of fisherman, who are often far down the embankment and unable to see their cars.  Be careful folks!

      Sent: Sunday, September 08, 2013 2:03 PM
      Subject: [BSA] Reason to lock up while sailing at LP

      While I was blissfully blasting across the water this morning at Lucky Peak (I rigged a 7.0 - that's why I was having so much fun in those light winds), I noticed something odd - a person next to my car. As I watched, he peered in the passenger-side window and may have tried the door. Thankfully for me, it was locked. I sailed straight in, and as I came in, I watched him go down the line, looking in the driver-side window of every car and truck parked on the Turner ramp. This was at about 9:20 a.m.
           I carried my rig up the ramp and he was standing next to a truck with a trailer; I asked him if that was his truck, and he said "No, I'm parked over there" and gestured vaguely toward the lot up on the road where the kiters park. He claimed he was just down there watching us sail. He asked if we are up there doing this every day. I said no, just when the wind is right. "You guys are awesome, man," he said. Yeah. Then he took off up the ramp on foot. I think I caught him before he actually stole anything. By the time I de-rigged and left, he was nowhere to be seen, and there were no cars in that lot up by the road; I never did see his vehicle. He was a big guy in his 30s or so with a big belly, in a sweatshirt and ballcap.
        Betsy