Re: [snowkiteidaho] (unknown)

    Message 1 of 23 , Aug 15, 2013
      If I don't go it will blow.

      Eddy

      On Aug 15, 2013, at 11:44 AM, Mike Cottingham <macingham13@...> wrote:

      Awesome, thanks for the report.  Maybe Friday morning will rock.  Where is everybody launching from now.  Also, Eddy do you think the Gorge is still going to be flat on Sunday/Monday?  If so, I'll stay home and go drink beer at Tour Da Fat festival.

      -Mike

      Message 2 of 23 , Aug 15, 2013
        Eddy, your rhyming Murphy's Law.

        -Mike

        Message 3 of 23 , Aug 15, 2013
          Several of the kiters had water craft to take them up to the first campsite on the right and launch from there. I launched from the double secret spot. Look for my white BMW. It's the second small parking area between Barclay Bay and Turners. I take the trail down to the left to pump up my kite in a more protected area. But then I take my kite in the water and go to the east far as I can to drift launch

          Sent from my iPhone

          Message 4 of 23 , Aug 15, 2013
            Ok, I know the parking lot your talking about.  I figured that area was too wind shadowed, guess not.  The drift launch sounds sketchy with lines snagging or tangling.  Then again, everything at LP is always sketchy.  Thanks for the info.

            -Mike

              Message 6 of 23 , Aug 15, 2013
                Thanks for the weather report, Steve.  Not sure if I'm going.  If I do, where do you think you will be camping?

                Message 7 of 23 , Aug 15, 2013
                  Mike
                  Not camping , going to drive in to Hood after spending the day out east and then to the cost . then back to the gorge Monday
                  Steve

                  Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2013 8:19 PM

                  Message 8 of 23 , Aug 15, 2013
                    Get some. I'm back in town hoping LP works in the AM.

                    -JBrick

                    Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2013 8:19 PM

                      Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2013 8:19 PM

                      Message 10 of 23 , Aug 16, 2013
                        Mille pack up your gear and head west. Looks like there will be wind this weekend. Go get some. 3mi and Rufus has free camping. Plenty of camp spots along the way. There will be a lot of like minded peeps doing the same thing.

                        Sent from my iPhone

                                Message 15 of 23 , Aug 19, 2013

                                  Well had a great time at the Gorge, Friday did not turn on till 6pm but sat and Sunday were stellar 10m days.  Kited at event site on Sat and Rufus on Sunday.  Oh and if you take your stuff on to the sand at the event site it is save where up on the grass there are more non kiters watching.  The Winds up instructors said that there have not been any thefts this year but a few in the past.
                                  Steve is going to have a great day there today on his way back to Boise.

                                  Message 16 of 23 , Aug 19, 2013
                                    I ended up making it out to 3mi on sat morning had two sessions one on the 14 one on the 12. Sun brought another session on the 14. Nothing huge but plenty of fun.
                                    Sent from my iPhone

                                      Message 18 of 23 , Aug 21, 2013
                                        Where over there, coast or gorge?

                                        Sent from my iPhone

                                        Message 19 of 23 , Aug 21, 2013
                                          windy Sunday and Monday afternoon at the cost , 12m twin tip or 10m surfboard