  • Mike Cottingham
    Message 1 of 23 , Aug 15 8:27 AM
      The wind gauge looks really good this morning.  Is it actually as good as the gauge reports it to be, or is it really gusty and inconsistent.

      -Mike
      Message 2 of 23 , Aug 15 8:32 AM
        It was great.  Got better as I had to bail at 9:15

        Eddy

        On Aug 15, 2013, at 9:27 AM, Mike Cottingham <macingham13@...> wrote:

        The wind gauge looks really good this morning.  Is it actually as good as the gauge reports it to be, or is it really gusty and inconsistent.

        -Mike

      • Bill Binegar

          Message 4 of 23 , Aug 15 10:44 AM
            Awesome, thanks for the report.  Maybe Friday morning will rock.  Where is everybody launching from now.  Also, Eddy do you think the Gorge is still going to be flat on Sunday/Monday?  If so, I'll stay home and go drink beer at Tour Da Fat festival.

            -Mike

            Message 5 of 23 , Aug 15 10:49 AM
              If I don't go it will blow.

              Eddy

              Message 6 of 23 , Aug 15 11:51 AM
                Eddy, your rhyming Murphy's Law.

                -Mike

                Message 7 of 23 , Aug 15 12:09 PM
                  Several of the kiters had water craft to take them up to the first campsite on the right and launch from there. I launched from the double secret spot. Look for my white BMW. It's the second small parking area between Barclay Bay and Turners. I take the trail down to the left to pump up my kite in a more protected area. But then I take my kite in the water and go to the east far as I can to drift launch

                  Sent from my iPhone

                  Message 8 of 23 , Aug 15 12:41 PM
                    Ok, I know the parking lot your talking about.  I figured that area was too wind shadowed, guess not.  The drift launch sounds sketchy with lines snagging or tangling.  Then again, everything at LP is always sketchy.  Thanks for the info.

                    -Mike

                      Message 10 of 23 , Aug 15 7:19 PM
                        Thanks for the weather report, Steve.  Not sure if I'm going.  If I do, where do you think you will be camping?

                        Message 11 of 23 , Aug 15 9:18 PM
                          Mike
                          Not camping , going to drive in to Hood after spending the day out east and then to the cost . then back to the gorge Monday
                          Steve

                          Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2013 8:19 PM

                          Message 12 of 23 , Aug 15 10:38 PM
                            Get some. I'm back in town hoping LP works in the AM.

                            -JBrick

                            Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2013 8:19 PM

                              Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2013 8:19 PM

                              Message 14 of 23 , Aug 16 9:02 AM
                                Mille pack up your gear and head west. Looks like there will be wind this weekend. Go get some. 3mi and Rufus has free camping. Plenty of camp spots along the way. There will be a lot of like minded peeps doing the same thing.

                                Sent from my iPhone

                                        Message 19 of 23 , Aug 19 7:56 AM

                                          Well had a great time at the Gorge, Friday did not turn on till 6pm but sat and Sunday were stellar 10m days.  Kited at event site on Sat and Rufus on Sunday.  Oh and if you take your stuff on to the sand at the event site it is save where up on the grass there are more non kiters watching.  The Winds up instructors said that there have not been any thefts this year but a few in the past.
                                          Steve is going to have a great day there today on his way back to Boise.

                                          Message 20 of 23 , Aug 19 4:27 PM
                                            I ended up making it out to 3mi on sat morning had two sessions one on the 14 one on the 12. Sun brought another session on the 14. Nothing huge but plenty of fun.
                                            Sent from my iPhone

                                              Message 22 of 23 , Aug 21 8:43 PM
                                                Where over there, coast or gorge?

                                                Sent from my iPhone

                                                Message 23 of 23 , Aug 21 8:50 PM
                                                  windy Sunday and Monday afternoon at the cost , 12m twin tip or 10m surfboard