weekend

  • Greg Schutte
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 2, 2007
      So how is it looking? Saturday might be the dull day and Sunday might
      be ok. Blow wind blow! How much snow is in Mountain Home?
    • Darrel Thomas
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 7, 2007
        Sure looks like shit so far.
      • hawkicd11
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 8, 2007
          looks like its rippin up there right now!! probably rained last night
          though.......

          --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Darrel Thomas"

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 8, 2007
            yesterday was fine up there.

            I think this weekend will surprise us all.

            Eddy

            <darrelthomas@ ...> wrote:

            > Sure
            looks like shit so far.

            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 8, 2007

              Any status on Indian Creek?  Is it filling?  Can you still see surface weeds?  Water temp?

              Sunday – Mostly Sunny – High 68-72F

              -Jason

              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 23, 2007
                Rufus sat. 10m kite weather for 2 1/2 hr , then blown off the weather, 4m windsurf weather for 2 1/2 hr  Tom and myself .  Sun. CJ , Jason ,hawk,Eddy , Tom and myself kites , Jim Tighe sailing . 3hrs a bit more wind then the average LP morning .
              • tony williams
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 24, 2007
                  Glad you had a good weekend,
                  I had good luck as well,  Kited at LP on Sat from 8-9:15 and then at Cascade on Sun.
                  It was cold but it was the best wind I have had this summer. I was there for an hour and a half and I never and I mean not once even while setting up or putting away did I feel a gust.  The wind was constant. probably never varied more then a couple miles an hour and no gusts.  Too bad it was so freekin cold.  After 40 minutes, I could no longer feel my fingers.  When I wrapped my lines up I honestly could not feel the lines with the tips of my fingers.  But I was too happy to care.  Went out at the spot at the south end of the submerged old highway, right next to Sugarloaf. It was really flat water in the little bay and a little bit choppy out by the Island.
                  Cheers
                  TW
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 25, 2007

                    Got up to the lake very late this morning…waited for the sun to hit the water and warm things up a little. I was on the water ~9:30 and played for an hour.

                    Only reason I came in was 3 of the 4 dogs I brought with me disappeared and I had to go find them.  Tsu stayed with me out at Brickner Beach which is now the only logical place to launch and the sand bar is starting to get fully developed. ( Lot of fun to jump the corner and land back in the flat water behind it)  Psyc lead the Revolution followed by new puppy Mammatus and Johnny’s dog Georgie.  My 2 dogs headed back towards truck and I have no idea where Georgie went but 1.5 hrs later I found her and the wind was still blowing.

                    Left lake at 11:15 and it was still kite-able, and definitely warmer.

                    The next couple days should be good, but if you plan on going out before 9 wear a hood and gloves. I was fine after 9 and the temp was 48 degrees.

                    CYA tomorrow,

                    Eddy

                  • Darrel Thomas
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008

                      I checked with the moose.  She said Saturday should be alright with Easterlies in the afternoon, maybe a little snow.  Snowing Saturday night. Sunday probably not much wind.  Keep an eye on Monday.

                      cid:image001.gif@01C83650.9D13E730Darrel

                    • Darrel Thomas
                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 20, 2008

                        Sat and Sun are both looking pretty promising.  Maybe windier Sunday

                        cid:image001.gif@01C83650.9D13E730Darrel