Re: [snowkiteidaho] Wed hike

  • Greg
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 7, 2013
      Nice words guys thanks. Just what friends do. Sorry I diddnt get back sooner but attended a friends funeral. Today was another one for the memory bank or list of fun(?) days. That's what life is about. Lets make more!

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Aug 7, 2013, at 9:33 AM, Bill Binegar <billyg2477@...> wrote:

      Two kiters three windsurfers today. Pretty up-and-down in the beginning especially. Greg is my buddy for life. I get there kind of early and decide to do the hiking Greg decides he does not want to do the hike and launches from the double secret spot. He does great I thought I was gonna have fun and then wind died temporarily. Before it picks back up I am on the north east side of the observatory point. I do the self rescue. Climb up on the northeast side of the observatory point to a little shelf with the kite still inflated. Only one moment where I wished I had taken the rockclimbing class. The little shelf is large enough area to let your kite dry before folding up. Walked over the damn got picked up by two surveyors back to Turner Gulch. When I get there Greg has done the hike to go get my bag for me! Above and beyond duty. Two windsurfers still ripping it up when we left.
      Billy G