Wed hike

  • Bill Binegar
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 7, 2013
      Two kiters three windsurfers today. Pretty up-and-down in the beginning especially. Greg is my buddy for life. I get there kind of early and decide to do the hiking Greg decides he does not want to do the hike and launches from the double secret spot. He does great I thought I was gonna have fun and then wind died temporarily. Before it picks back up I am on the north east side of the observatory point. I do the self rescue. Climb up on the northeast side of the observatory point to a little shelf with the kite still inflated. Only one moment where I wished I had taken the rockclimbing class. The little shelf is large enough area to let your kite dry before folding up. Walked over the damn got picked up by two surveyors back to Turner Gulch. When I get there Greg has done the hike to go get my bag for me! Above and beyond duty. Two windsurfers still ripping it up when we left.
      Billy G

      Sent from my iPhone
    • Will Hise
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 7, 2013
        Nice Greg!!!

        We should lock a pump on that beach somehow so we don't have to leave anything on the beach when kiting. That's a LONG hike to pick up a bag and pump should the wind die.

        On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 10:33 AM, Bill Binegar <billyg2477@...> wrote:
[...]

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            snowkiteidaho-digest@yahoogroups.com
            snowkiteidaho-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Bill Binegar

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 7, 2013

            It WAS buried right near the tree by the dock.  I’ll take mine back up in a couple weeks.  Be sure to put it back in the plastic bag before re-burying it.

            -JB

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 7, 2013
              I guess everyone knows but me. No more launch at Barclays. Must hike. ( Er get n a boat). Hope it's an easier walk n a week r 2

              --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:

              > It WAS buried right near the tree by the dock. I’ll take mine back up in a couple weeks. Be sure to put it back in the plastic bag before re-burying it.

              > -JB

            • Greg
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 7, 2013
                Nice words guys thanks. Just what friends do. Sorry I diddnt get back sooner but attended a friends funeral. Today was another one for the memory bank or list of fun(?) days. That's what life is about. Lets make more!

                Sent from my iPhone