Re: [snowkiteidaho] Boise Group Gorge Trip

  • Jake Dobson
    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 27, 2013
      Would love to go, but I will be mountain biking in Bend that weekend

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jul 27, 2013, at 10:36 AM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

      Hey all,

      Sending out an open invitation to get local crew out to the Gorge. Looking at the weekend of August 10th. Hopefully wind for the surprise show and good weather for camping out at 3-Mile, Rufus, or Roosevelt. Anyway I think we will leave Thursday night and Return Sunday evening.

          Message 4 of 21 , Jul 28, 2013
            I'm game for that!!  Aug 17 or 24!!

            Message 5 of 21 , Jul 28, 2013
              I will be there the 17th. In the dalles

              Sent from my iPhone

                  Message 8 of 21 , Jul 29, 2013
                    Just woke up after 3 straight days of 7m at the hatch...not sure my body can take another!   Definitely worth the trip, if Krysta and I are around then were in!

                    Sent from my iPhone

                    On Jul 27, 2013, at 10:04, Greg <daflyinhawaiian64@...> wrote:

                    I was out there last weekend and had a fantastic time. First session was at the event site and was quite powered on my 7. Second session was at the marina on a 9. The marina has just been reopened and is quite fun in that it is mostly flat water and pretty shallow 1-2' for quite a ways till you get to the channel. Good for learning, practicing new stuff plenty of parking if you get there early. And it's free. I the. Had a session at Rufus 9 and had a blast on the rollers and current.  Fun riding the swell downwind and using the current like an escalator back up. Hit 3mile(my fav) on my way home had a solo session on my 14 and it was awesome. Nothing huge but fun playing on the rollers on the outside and skimming the flats on the inside. While I was out there I saw this unusual craft on the washington side so I went over to check it out and here was three guys cruzing this amphibious duck down the river. I hooted and hollared and they did the same. It was very light on that side so I couldn't hang for very long till they motored away. Fun though. Can't wail to go back.

                    Sent from my iPhone

                    On Jul 27, 2013, at 10:36 AM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

                    Hey all,

                    Sending out an open invitation to get local crew out to the Gorge. Looking at the weekend of August 10th. Hopefully wind for the surprise show and good weather for camping out at 3-Mile, Rufus, or Roosevelt. Anyway I think we will leave Thursday night and Return Sunday evening.

                    Eddy

                  • Mike Cottingham
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jul 31, 2013
                      I'm stuck in Hell-ko, (I mean Elko,NV) working on the tenth. However, I'm free Aug. 14-19.  So I'm in on the 17th.

                      -Mike Cottingham

                      P.S. - I've been out of kiting for a year now because of sinus problems.  Anybody out there know of a good sinus doctor?

                      for every one that cant go Aug 10 we should plan another trip the 17 or 24

                      Message 10 of 21 , Aug 5, 2013
                        Well this weekend at the Gorge is shaping up to be like last weekend ... not much wind in forecast ... Darn, I'll make final call later in week.

                        FYI the reason I wanted to go this weekend is because of the Perseid Meteor shower event. Gorge is a cool background to catch the show, but wind would have priority for length of drive.

                        If it does not add up this weekend then maybe the next will work.

                        > Hey all,
                        >
                        > Sending out an open invitation to get local crew out to the Gorge. Looking at the weekend of August 10th. Hopefully wind for the surprise show and good weather for camping out at 3-Mile, Rufus, or Roosevelt. Anyway I think we will leave Thursday night and Return Sunday evening.
                        >
                        > Eddy

                      • Ryan Carlson
                        Message 11 of 21 , Aug 5, 2013
                          I'll be game for next weekend.
                          Ryan

                          Sent from my iPhone

                          On Aug 5, 2013, at 3:08 PM, "geardaddyllc" <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

                          Well this weekend at the Gorge is shaping up to be like last weekend ... not much wind in forecast ... Darn, I'll make final call later in week.

                          FYI the reason I wanted to go this weekend is because of the Perseid Meteor shower event. Gorge is a cool background to catch the show, but wind would have priority for length of drive.

                          If it does not add up this weekend then maybe the next will work.

                          > Hey all,
                          >
                          > Sending out an open invitation to get local crew out to the Gorge. Looking at the weekend of August 10th. Hopefully wind for the surprise show and good weather for camping out at 3-Mile, Rufus, or Roosevelt. Anyway I think we will leave Thursday night and Return Sunday evening.
                          >
                          > Eddy

                        • tony williams
                          Message 12 of 21 , Aug 14, 2013
                            So I will be leaving for the Gorge on Friday morning.  Might hit Lp first if it looks good before heading west.  Anyone else going? and if so text me at 340 4167 so we can meet up.  I will be staying in the Dalles so not far from any of the sites.  Probably hit 3mile or Rufus on way in if it is working.
                            Cheers

                            Sent: Sunday, July 28, 2013 9:17 AM

                            -- -- This message is via your subscription to the Google Groups "Boise Sailors Association" group. To post: BoiseSailors@... Group stuff: http://groups.google.com/group/BoiseSailors Sailing stuff: http://fortboise.org/windsurfing/ --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Boise Sailors Association" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to mailto:boisesailors%2Bunsubscribe@.... For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

                            Message 13 of 21 , Aug 14, 2013
                              Looks like I'm going to Post pone again.  We could not leave until Saturday and would miss 2 days of wind.  Sunday and Monday look flat.

                              Planning the next weekend....kindaforsure?

                              See ya at LP, street truck rally, or the Fat Tire event.

                              Eddy