Re: [BSA] Wednesday - Thursday

  • Bill Binegar
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 24, 2013
      Mowed the lawn today. It was fun though with a few jumps here and there. Three kiters and two windsurfers. I was on a 12 m, should've been on my 17 m. Thank you to Brian Kerr for a couple tips on the back roll. And thanks to Jim Tighe on launching and catching my kite again.

      Sent from my iPhone

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 25, 2013
        Dr. Baker.  Since turkeys & mice are non-native, invasive species in the Hawaiian Islands, advise feeding mouse to turkeys (or mongoose, another invader), and then feasting on turkeys.  Do your part to restore ecosystem purity...

        On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 12:28 PM, STEVE BAKER <sbakerdvm@...> wrote:
        Working for a veterinarian this week on the North Shore of Oahu.

        I was told by one of the surfers in Honolulu to look down when I jump at Mokuleia and look for tiger sharks prowling the reef.
        The only day we've had wind so far, it was nuking and not a day for a 13m on the North shore.  Today is looking good, and I found an old Naish shockwave 9 in my brother's garage, so maybe I can troll for tigers.

        On the other hand, a nice swell hit the south part of the island this weekend and I got to paddle out to some really fun waves, head high to a little overhead.  But crowded, on a weekend in HNL. Had to weave through a morass of surfers.  That's what's nice about kiting--just go where you want, away from the other peoples.

        After work I'll check Kailua for some joy and get back on the board for the first time since my owie, way back in April.

        And the vet's two turkeys escaped this AM as I was trying to liberate a drowning mouse from their water dish.  After a couple of long stalks and pounces, I was able to get them back into their pen, but the yard is full of turkey feathers and I was late for work....mouse was visibly shaken but appeared to recover.

        Aloha wind buddies!

        Steve Baker