RE: [snowkiteidaho] Turner Fire

    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 2, 2013

      Wow… the graph looked perfect and strong.  Must have been a direction thing.  There is no calibration of the anemometer so it should be indicating what is happening up on the roof of the trailer.  Solid low twenties from 6 – 8 with gusts to high 20s.

      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 2, 2013
        don't forget that it doesn't report lulls.

        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 2, 2013
          I don't think I agree 100% with the previous gloomy reports. I don't know if it was differences in kites, nights rest or other reasons, but I think today's wind wasn't too bad. Yes, it was patchy at times, as I've come to expect, but I've seen MUCH worse at LP. A lot of the morning, in my opinion, was pretty smooth and I think the numbers were pretty close assuming its not measuring the slowest the wind blows at any given timeframe but the average. Maybe I'm just tickled to be kiting back at LP and have a rosy view, but the smell of smoke and newly crispy scenery didn't take away one bit from my fun this morning. (Last years smoke was 10x worse) I love seeing so many kiters, and would have loved to see more windsurfers, out there on a weekday. Hopefully more to come soon!

          Rusty Hill
          208.891.7744

          On Jul 2, 2013, at 6:56 PM, Will Hise <will.hise@...> wrote:

          don't forget that it doesn't report lulls.

          On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 6:38 PM, Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:

          Wow… the graph looked perfect and strong.  Must have been a direction thing.  There is no calibration of the anemometer so it should be indicating what is happening up on the roof of the trailer.  Solid low twenties from 6 – 8 with gusts to high 20s.

          <image001.png>

                  Message 8 of 24 , Jul 3, 2013
                    I would have been one of those coming in later (when wind was likely dying making conditions that much more challenging) were it not for my "twerking" obsession, which made my departure from the water far less dramatic as the winds were pretty solid when I came in.  An observation from someone who has spent less time than most at LP, the lighter the wind when departing the water, the higher the likelihood of kite drama!

                    Hope you all get some great sessions, I'm heading out of town for awhile!

                    Cheers!

                    Sent from my iPhone

[...]

                    Recent Activity:
                    Yahoo! Groups