RE: [BSA] Can't believe what you read in the pixels

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2013
      Thanks Betsy
      that confirmed my decision not to go , didn't want to play lawn boy , that's what it looked like to me , went back to bed with the plan to go Monday witch looks a lot better ( and Tuesday )

      Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 15:25:35 -0600
      Subject: Re: [BSA] Can't believe what you read in the pixels
      From: bzrussell@...
      To: tva@...
      CC: BoiseSailors@...

      I didn't think there was any chance it would blow today, so I didn't wake up 'til 7, then looked at the readings and went - hey! I loaded up and scooted up there, to find lots of kites on the water, but fairly light wind. I went out on my 5.5, and Steve and Val went out at the same time, but we hardly planed, mostly just slogged; I uphauled three times, unable to get a waterstart. Val managed to get a waterstart, though! She said she sailed Friday as well. I was probably out roughly from 8:20 to 9. But the water felt SO GOOD. Sign says the surface temperature is up to 62 degrees. I was hoping for better tomorrow, if I can juggle my work schedule...
        Betsy

      On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 3:09 PM, Tom von Alten <tva@...> wrote:
      On Friday, the forecast models made it look like Saturday would the best of the lot, and then morning wind was going to go hide somewhere in spite of the heat. I checked pre-sunrise Saturday, and the numbers looked a bit dodgy, turns out because of the circulation around those early thunderstorms.

      Then this morning... when I had a prior commitment for the morning, but still and clear in town, and I could smell the wind on the water from the west bench.

      KIDBOISE49 shows a classic MW pattern, smooth sailing from sunrise to 9am-ish. But nobody talking about it?!

    • Will Hise
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 30, 2013

        You missed out steve! I had a blast. Some good light wind and the occasional smooth flat water to try new tricks. I had more fun than Friday.

        Such a nice morning to boot!