RE: [snowkiteidaho] Re: No wind today

    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 18, 2013
      Jake was out when Jon and i got there , jake  said he got going at 7:00 it lasted till a little after 9:00 , it was similar to Saturday and Sunday , but no hole , and a little up and down but very little gust . Only the 3 of us

      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      From: sortelli@...
      Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 14:15:07 +0000
      Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: No wind today

      let me know what you found, Surprise valley was really dead this morning

      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 18, 2013

        Hello Steve,

        Thanks for the feedback.  The new weather station seems to confirm your observations  Today looked less gusty and steady upper teens.  It’s interesting to note the wind shutting down at 3AM, only to come back up for a seemingly good morning session.  Also interesting was how quickly it shut off and how early it turned west.

        -JBrick

        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        From: sortelli@...
        Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 14:15:07 +0000

        let me know what you found, Surprise valley was really dead this morning

        --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Jon Bolt <idakiteman@...> wrote:

        > Barclay meter is showing mid/upper teens to low 20's pretty consistently.
        > Boise & Caldwell readings favorable...all except pressure. I'm headin' up
        > to play...
        >

        > On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 5:58 AM, stefanoortelli <sortelli@...> wrote:
        >
        > > **

      • Will Hise
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 18, 2013
          Also, it seems the Stephano meter is not adjusted correctly. We need to start adding about 20% to the readings.

          To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
          From: sortelli@...
          Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 14:15:07 +0000

          let me know what you found, Surprise valley was really dead this morning

          --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Jon Bolt <idakiteman@...> wrote:

          > Barclay meter is showing mid/upper teens to low 20's pretty consistently.
          > Boise & Caldwell readings favorable...all except pressure. I'm headin' up
          > to play...
          >

          > On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 5:58 AM, stefanoortelli <sortelli@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **

        • stefanoortelli
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 18, 2013
            Yeah... And also rely more on the station than on my observations

            I would not have bet a dime on today's being a good day

            Surprise valley was really dead at 6am

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 18, 2013
              ...it was light 12m...light but fun.  Amazing things, none of the forecasts predicted it....

              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 18, 2013
                the only way to get best days ever is just to be there every single day...
                when the good day comes, you are there!