Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: [idahokiteboarding] Re: [BSA] Sunday LP sunrise services...

  • Will Hise
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 9, 2013

      Steve.

      It was an odd kind of wind today. I was on a 12m and twin tip. Lots of power and speed but couldn't convert that to height today. A little extra chop and knee burn. If I had to guess, I'd say 15-19. Lots of up and down.
      Curious what Jon will say. He was still on the water when I left at 9

      On Jun 9, 2013 9:09 AM, "Chris Lee" <chris133@...> wrote:

      Five kites and two windsurfers. Everyone is still one except me. :-)

      Chris Lee <leelinfat@...> wrote:

      It's open and not a soul around. I'm making my way out and hope to plane some of the time... but may not be able to unless it pick up and fill in a little more.

      Jon Bolt <idakiteman@...> wrote:

      Can't remember if Ironman closure posted on dam sign was until 3PM Saturday or Sunday.  If Sunday, the guard may be there and unless ranger Keith spoke to him, he may be IronGuard again.  So, here's Keith's phone #'s to give the guard if needed.  I'll bring Keith's business card with me.

      On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 10:18 PM, Chris Lee <leelinfat@...> wrote:
      I'm hoping it will work tomorrow with the forecasted high temp. I haven't sailed for a week and I need to get some...

      Jon Bolt <idakiteman@...> wrote:

      Could be on tomorrow morning.  The various  forecast models are mixed...all predict some E or SE flow but some show it shortlived while others a more typical duration.  If it looks on, get there early...

    • Chris Lee
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 9, 2013

        I’m trying to decide if it’s 10% or 20% high on the readings.

        With today’s numbers, it would have been a great day but it was enough for me to plane and kept me up there for over two hours.  There were some slogging around.

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 9, 2013
            I think you're right, Chris. I calculated the meter to read %15 high. We'll just have to deal with it until the new station arrives. Jason Brickner has generously accepted the challenge of setting the new station while I'm out of town. Hopefully it arrives soon as isn't too difficult to set up! Glad to hear you guys got some today!!! No wind here in Whistler but some great views!
            image.jpeg

            Rusty Hill
            208.891.7744

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 9, 2013
              Now that I'm back in town. I'll see if I can do all these adjustment before posting to Tom's page. I'll start with 15% and see how that goes.

              BTW, you should check out the zip lines they have at Whistler. I kind of like it.

              Best regards,
              Chris Lee

              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 10, 2013

                Jon Bolt and I installed and tested a new battery in the UPS up in the weather station closet.  We simulated a couple power losses and everything continued to function.  We should be immune to the poor power up there now.

                Thanks Rusty for all your work on this.

                Regards,

                -JBrick