It's WEDNESDAY!!!! You earned this....!!!!

    Message 1 of 31 , Jun 5, 2013
    • Chris Lee
      Message 31 of 31 , Jun 6, 2013
        I seem to recall on previous year it was Thursday evening through the afternoon of the race.

        I don't see why they need to close on Thursday morning.

        Best regards,
        Chris Lee

        On Jun 6, 2013, at 9:54 AM, Jon Bolt <idakiteman@...> wrote:

        So is this a longer closure (June 5/6/7/8) and/or a larger closure area than years past?

        On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 8:45 AM, steve linane <itile@...> wrote:

        I guess its a reaction to the Boston Bombing

        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        From: idakiteman@...
        Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 08:38:46 -0600

        Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Closed. No access at all

        Security guard came out to greet me too, at the barricade closing the main road just before the left turn to the Barclay Beach parking lot.  Had quite the discussion w/ him.  It is a private security company hired by Ironman to work the area.  Ironman has all these cattle fences setup in the entire boat parking lot, and the boat ramp but the Beach & it's parking lot have nothing at all on them for ironman.  The guard first said it was closed to secure all the ironman outfitting up there and avoid congestion during setup.  When I pointed out the beach & it's parking lot had nothing at all on them needing to be secured, and that we had kited/windsurfed there in years past even on the day of the Triathlon, he then changed his explanation saying he had orders not to allow anyone into the are, including the beach.  I asked...orders from who? what authority he, or whoever gave him this order, have to set this rule and close the unused/unoccupied beach & parking.  He said it was an order from his boss (of a private company), and he didn't know who delegated the authority to his boss.   But the guard cannot let anyone in or he gets fired.  So I went to the ACE offices, which were just opening, to ask if they were aware the beach & it's parking lot have no ironman outfitting on them whatsover, and if they knew this private security firm was preventing public use, and whether this private guard/company had authority to do that.  They phoned Joyce and she said the guards were given authority and it was part of the deal between ironman and the city for hosting the even.

        But it seems like the closure is happening earlier and earlier....is that right?  In years past, haven't we done wind play there on days right before the ironman, and even the day of?  Is this earlier outright closure new?  Are things creeping here?  If anyone o you can give me evidence that public exclusion from the area is getting more extensive every year, I'll phone Joyce and/or Keith and ask what we can do in coming years to avoid senseless things like closing the beach when it's not used for any Ironman outfitting.  I can understand closing it to boat launching because the boat parking lot & launch ramp are filled with facilities...but nothing is on the beach or uppper lot.

        Shoot...it was a sweet high powered 11/12m morning well filled in too....

        On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 8:07 AM, Greg <daflyinhawaiian64@...> wrote:

        Looks like wind in the desert tomorrow

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Jun 6, 2013, at 8:05 AM, Greg <daflyinhawaiian64@...> wrote:

        Through.

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Jun 6, 2013, at 8:02 AM, steve linane <itile@...> wrote:

        is closed just today or clear through Saturday

        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        From: jasonbrickner@...
        Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 08:00:35 -0600

        No….. Road Closed at Barclay Bay Turnoff.  You can’t get to Turner.

        -JBrick

        From: tonyswilliams@...
        Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 06:19:56 -0600
        Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Closed. No access at all

        Security will not allow any access to the beach.  Forget about it till Sunday
        Sent from my iPhone

        On Jun 6, 2013, at 5:59 AM, "stefanoortelli" <sortelli@...> wrote:

        Pretty good wind this morning