Little wind

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 5, 2013
      Very little wind at diversion dam. Light wind up here and deserted. Turning arouond.

      - jbrick
    • tony williams
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 5, 2013
        Jason
        That was sneaky of you to tell everyone that there was no wind when you and Jon were out there getting some. Guess you wanted it all for yourselves.
        I got on the water at 6:45 and at 6:55 had my leading edge blow in same spot that Eddy and I fixed to summers ago. Same patch point and sewn area.  Guess I really need to buy a new kite now.   So had a nice 30min swim to shore where Jon and Jason were watching. Jon went out and quickly got upwind. Jason went out at about 8:00
        By the way,
        I am hoping to go to the gorge on the 22nd for the Rufus demo days and was wondering if anyone has a 12m that I can borrow as I wont have a large kite by then.

        Very little wind at diversion dam. Light wind up here and deserted. Turning arouond.

        - jbrick
      • stefanoortelli
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 5, 2013
          I have a Kiteloose Wtribe 2005 13m for you, it's a C like

          I will not use it anymore, if you don't find anything better I'll be happy to borrow you

          --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, tony williams <tonyswilliams@...> wrote:

          > Jason
          > That was sneaky of you to tell everyone that there was no wind when you and Jon were out there getting some. Guess you wanted it all for yourselves.
          > I got on the water at 6:45 and at 6:55 had my leading edge blow in same spot that Eddy and I fixed to summers ago. Same patch point and sewn area.  Guess I really need to buy a new kite now.   So had a nice 30min swim to shore where Jon and Jason were watching. Jon went out and quickly got upwind. Jason went out at about 8:00
          > By the way,
          > I am hoping to go to the gorge on the 22nd for the Rufus demo days and was wondering if anyone has a 12m that I can borrow as I wont have a large kite by then.
          >

          > ________________________________

        • Jim shultz

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 5, 2013

                Sneaky leads to bad Karma.  Came in and self landed kite which then blew up onto the razor sharp shelter awning and put a 4 inch hole in my canopy.  Luckily, I got off with a warning this time.  I was told the next time I lie about the wind the damage will be worse.

                But seriously, I was going to turn around until I saw Jon Bolt in the parking lot.  The wind started coming up, but I had lost cell phone reception by that time and was too lazy to drive back to the point of cell reception somewhere on the middle of the damn and resend.  I never thought my original ‘light wind, deserted’ email would ever get through…. But it did.  Sorry.

                I decided to suit up and give it a try.  While it was light, it was very smooth.  Better than mowing the lawn, but not many jumps.  Jon B. says it will be better tomorrow.  I better patch up that canopy tonight and pour libation in the river for being sneaky today.

                -JBrick

                Very little wind at diversion dam. Light wind up here and deserted. Turning arouond.

                - jbrick

              • Jim Tighe

                  Very little wind at diversion dam. Light wind up here and deserted. Turning arouond.

                  - jbrick
                • Tonyswilliams