Possible Tues am / weather station..

  • robbnukebruce
    Message 1 of 3 , May 20, 2013
      Jon, I've already checked the upload speeds for Verizon outside the blockhouse. 2.5 to 3.5 Meg. Couldn't check inside, maybe next time we're up there someone can let me in.

      Meantime, how 'bout whoever gets up there first in the AM post a quick one here about the current conditions? (Looks good, looks bad, marginal, etc)

      Tomorrow am looks promising.

      Bruce

        Message 3 of 3 , May 20, 2013

          I think the main issue with the old system is twofold.

          1.       The dialup service we paid for had limited connectivity.  I think I remember Eddy saying it wasn’t designed to be called 50 times a day.  More like get online a couple times a day for an hour or so.  Maybe we could purchase a dialup service that would allow those frequent, low bandwidth transactions.

          2.       The other issue was the laptop or PC would lockup due to heat and marginal dialup software interfacing to windows.  I think this caused the PC to lockup which required someone to manually reboot it.  Maybe the updated weather software is more reliable since it’s been several years.

          As far as bandwidth goes, the dialup is perfect for our needs.  It’s also hardwired which is more reliable than wireless.  It’s just the infrastructure that needs to be figured out.

          My two cents worth.

          P.S. Yesterday sounded like a blast, thanks for sharing.  While you all were doing that, I got to see my 11year old daughter’s soccer team win 2nd place in the tournament this weekend.  WooHoo…. It’s all good.

          -JBrick