RE: [idahokiteboarding] Monday LL Report

    Message 1 of 1 , May 17, 2013
      in the Gorge out east looks like a sure thing for the next 3 day , here it looks like Mt.H is the best bet with LL real iffy

      To: idahokiteboarding@yahoogroups.com
      From: daflyinhawaiian64@...
      Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 13:23:39 -0600
      Subject: Re: [idahokiteboarding] Monday LL Report

      Any calls for the weekend? Contemplating  a trip to gorge

      Sent from my iPhone

      On May 14, 2013, at 7:34 AM, "shultzy311" <jim.shultz00@...> wrote:

      Got out there are around 4:30...nothing to get excited about, so I slowly packed up gear and did the hike. Sat and watched the wind for awhile and finally decided to pump up as the wind slowly picked up. Just as I was launching Greg showed up. Got about 20 minutes in on an 11 with winds coming out of the SW and then they turned off completely...swim in. Right as I hit the shore, the switch turned back on! Greg and I rigged/rerigged and went out for an hour and a half in smooth winds...really smooth! Greg on a 12 and myself on an 11, powered very nicely. Brian showed up and rigged, it wasn't his day, had some kite issues and think he may have gotten in 15 minutes before the devil wind showed up. He survived and we all called it a night!

      Water is very warm and the air was hot! Great fun.