gravel spec

  • Jack Harrison
    Message 1 of 7 , May 10, 2013

      Eddy – what we asked for before was     “1/4-inch minus (pea) gravel”

      Jack

      Message 2 of 7 , May 10, 2013
        I'll vote for Jim.  Sun is better than Sat for me too that weekend of 18/19

        Sent from my iPhone

        Message 3 of 7 , May 10, 2013
          We need to get a bid of exactly what we want.  From a company that can deliver.  There is no money now for gravel but maybe by mid summer they can do it.

          Also I got permission to remove the kite shredding sign. So we can dig it out they will relocate it late.  Yeah!!!!

          Sounds like Sunday 5/19 morn is the most promising.

          Eddy

[...]

        • Jim Tighe
          Message 4 of 7 , May 10, 2013

            Sunday the 19 th of MayClean up after the morning session.

            Let me know if anyone wants to do a kick off BBQ.

              Message 6 of 7 , May 10, 2013
                Pea gravel at local quarries is 3/8" minus.

                Idaho Sand & Gravel didn't have any on Yamhill, but way out in Eagle/Middleton, so pretty costly w/ delivery

                Cheapest pea gravel by fair amount is from Ruschman's Sand & Gravel, which is also nearby off Gowen Rd.  $20/yard, truck load is 13-14 yards, so $280.  Trucking & Delivery $80/hr, so maybe 1.5hrs roundtrip to Barclay is $120, total $400, no tax to ACE.  To be safe say $450 per truckload.   On May 19 let's see if one truckload will do it.

                Jon