RE: [snowkiteidaho] anybody go up & take a look this AM?

    Message 1 of 12 , May 10, 2013

      I may go do some recon later today and let you know.  4ft may be closer but I bet they need more.  Last week when I drove up, the sign on the dam said water surface temp is 50F.  Seems warm for beginning of May.

      -JBRick

      Message 2 of 12 , May 10, 2013

        I am headed up tomorrow.  Hope to get on somewhere

        Jim Tighe  GSGA & Tighe Gym Sales

        Message 3 of 12 , May 10, 2013
          Barclay's is not doable. Still at least 10 to 15 feet of rocky cliff. Barclay docks had one dock in the water, other one was dry, as of Thurs am. Dock area is still blocked off, so no boat traffic there.
          It's a fine board launch, but a crappy kite one. They'll have to do the hike or launch on the beach area left of Turner.
          I'll be there Sat early..
          Bruce. (Hope your shoulder's better, Jim!)

          --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Jim Tighe <jim@...> wrote:

          > I am headed up tomorrow. Hope to get on somewhere
          >
          > Jim Tighe GSGA & Tighe Gym Sales
          > On May 10, 2013 11:32 AM, "Jason Brickner" <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:
          >
          > > I may go do some recon later today and let you know. 4ft may be closer
          > > but I bet they need more. Last week when I drove up, the sign on the dam
          > > said water surface temp is 50F. Seems warm for beginning of May.****
          > >
          > > ** **
          > >
          > > -JBRick****
          > >
          > > ** **

        • Jim Tighe
          Message 4 of 12 , May 10, 2013

            I have been asked by Tom Caviani if I would be the next VP for our Boise sailors association.  I said “sure”  if the vote is in and the group says yes,  great.  Since Rusty is out of town he asked if I would get the work party going.

            Work party should be setup for Lucky Peak.  Is May 18 at 9-10 ok?  (after a session of course)

            Kick off party.  Any volunteers?  My house is available but it s been there before.  How about the 17th to get psyched for Sat work party.  Or a barbee after the work party.  Jack could bring those morning drinks, wowee.

            I may go do some recon later today and let you know.  4ft may be closer but I bet they need more.  Last week when I drove up, the sign on the dam said water surface temp is 50F.  Seems warm for beginning of May.

            -JBRick

            Nice 'n warm today, w/ cool nights & forecast easterly flow in AM, so should go off tomorrow.  Anybody think Barclay's doable?  Up 4 feet in last 4 days.

          • Tonyswilliams
            Message 5 of 12 , May 10, 2013
              Dates work for me Jim   I am also going  to take a look tomorrow morn to see if I can get some water time but will bring my shovel if wind is too light

              Sent from my iPhone

[...]

            • Jack Harrison
              Message 6 of 12 , May 10, 2013

                Penny and I will be out of town that weekend. So I can’t “double-up” on the Sunrise…this time.

                But, thanks for organizing!!

                     Jack

                Message 7 of 12 , May 10, 2013
                  Great potato race is that Saturday. Hwy closed 7-8am. How about Sunday???

                  Finally got to talk to Kieth at ACE after many attempts. Gravel later in year if we get it specs

                  Eddy

                  Message 8 of 12 , May 10, 2013

                    Sunday is ok here.  How about the rest of you

[...]

                  • Will Hise
                    Message 9 of 12 , May 10, 2013
                      What the heck is a potato race? Those thing have eyes not legs!

                      Party and clean up dates look good to me.

                      I'd vote for Jim. We're voting for Most Stoked Shorts Wearin' Pole Boarder right?

                      On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 1:49 PM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

[...]

                    • robbnukebruce
                      Message 10 of 12 , May 10, 2013
                        Sunday 19th sounds good for cleanup. And so does Big Jim as VP.
                        (I think Will means Most Stoked Pole Wearing Short Boarder!)

                        Message 11 of 12 , May 10, 2013
                          I'm for Big Jim VP!!  Thanks Jim!
                          19th Sunday works for me.
                          Eddy, thanks for checking w/ ACE on gravel.  Did you mean if we get any at all it'll be later in the year (in other words, unlikely to get any), or likely to get some, but later and only if we provide them specs?

                          Specs: pea gravel...we can give'em a sample of what's there; quantity: bet we could use a dump truck load, but can measure at 19th work party