Re: [snowkiteidaho] [BSA] New Weather station

  • RUSTY HILL
    Message 1 of 30 , May 5, 2013
      Oh, and Mike… could you try to find out the data draw that such a camera would use?
      RUSTY HILL
      rustyshill@...

      On May 5, 2013, at 2:48 PM, Mark Westerdoll <westerdoll@...> wrote:

      I'm in as well, split it up and let me know how much!
      Westy

      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      From: zolie22@...
      Date: Sun, 5 May 2013 09:35:53 -0700
      Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] [BSA] New Weather station

      I am in for 20-50.  I called Verizon,  you can put the service on hold for up to 3 months twice a year.
      Some companies offer internet signal boosters.  If sprint was the best choice but not quite enough reception they may give us a free booster?
      Satellite internet is another option.
      If possible (cost, data usage and reliability ) I would like to propose a camera like the slingshot kite cam in hood river.  You can control the camera for a minute or two at a time from your computer (pan left, right, up, down and  very impressive zoom).

      Mike Z

      Message 2 of 30 , May 6, 2013
        I'll contribute with my share to get the new station up