Re: [snowkiteidaho] Lucky Peak RAWS decommissioned

  • Greg
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29, 2013
      Thanks all ya'll.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Apr 29, 2013, at 7:59 AM, "Tom von Alten" <tva@...> wrote:

      Steve Linane asked me what was up with the Lucky Peak RAWS having been
      unavailable for quite some time. When it was temporarily out, back in 2010,
      I went through NOAA/NWS to find out that was a NIFC station managed by
      the BLM and reported the outage. They thanked me for the heads-up and got
      it fixed.

      Not such good news this time around, from the Remote Sensing / Fire Weather
      Support Unit Manager at the National Interagency Fire Center:

      > That station was deactivated in December of last year. Not sequester
      > related, it was on a tower that had to be removed and there was no
      > requirement to continue data collection in that location.

      I've taken it off the aggregate report at
      http://fortboise.org/windsurfing/uppertv.html

      Tom von Alten
      tva@...