Re: [BSA] Lucky Peak RAWS decommissioned

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 29, 2013
      Thanks Tom. Always appreciated. Heading to Lake Lowell at 3:00.

      Eddy

      On Apr 29, 2013, at 12:19 PM, "Tom von Alten" <tva@...> wrote:

      > Thanks to Jon and Eddy for suggestions.
      >
      > I've replaced the LP RAWS with the ITD sensor at Highland Valley Summit,
      > updated the link to the Bureau of Reclamation's teacup diagram, and added
      > the Lucky Peak reservoir level page. (The BuRec links are in the
      > "Watershed" item below the sunrise graphic.)
      >
      > http://fortboise.org/windsurfing/uppertv.html
      >
      > Jon is going to see if a government pal can bring back the LP RAWS...
      > but if you're going to do something like that, why not get them to
      > put that nice government-issue and networked hardware down to the good
      > part of the lake? The canyon up by the nursery has never been a good
      > place for a sailing sensor, unless you have a boat at Spring Shores.
      >
      > Oh, and it might be windy this afternoon, you're welcome.

    • Josh Woodland
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 29, 2013

        How was Lake Lull?

        Josh

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 30, 2013
          Lake Lull was typical.... Great smooth 9m when the sun was out from 3:30-4:30 then it got cloudy and rained a bit which killed the wind.  So I got my swimming in for the year.  Of course it turned back on once I had  my wet suit off at 5:30.

          Better than being stuck at the office....and the water temp is very nice and clear, fun boosting over schools of carp...not crap.

          Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
          208-863-6966

          On Apr 29, 2013, at 10:03 PM, Josh Woodland wrote:

          How was Lake Lull?

          Josh

          On Apr 29, 2013 12:33 PM, "Gear Daddy LLC" <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

          Thanks Tom. Always appreciated. Heading to Lake Lowell at 3:00.

          Eddy

          On Apr 29, 2013, at 12:19 PM, "Tom von Alten" <tva@...> wrote:

          > Thanks to Jon and Eddy for suggestions.
          >
          > I've replaced the LP RAWS with the ITD sensor at Highland Valley Summit,
          > updated the link to the Bureau of Reclamation's teacup diagram, and added
          > the Lucky Peak reservoir level page. (The BuRec links are in the
          > "Watershed" item below the sunrise graphic.)
          >
          > http://fortboise.org/windsurfing/uppertv.html
          >
          > Jon is going to see if a government pal can bring back the LP RAWS...
          > but if you're going to do something like that, why not get them to
          > put that nice government-issue and networked hardware down to the good
          > part of the lake? The canyon up by the nursery has never been a good
          > place for a sailing sensor, unless you have a boat at Spring Shores.
          >
          > Oh, and it might be windy this afternoon, you're welcome.

        • jwattboi
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 30, 2013
            Water seemed much warmer than two weeks ago. Lots of boost and carp, and some crap (ran over a log). I got lucky and made it back to Gotts with only feet to spare, one more tack and I would have been practicing body drags with Eddy.

            If anybody wants to go, I'm planning on taking the afternoon off and heading to Lowell or CJ/river if it looks good.