RE: [BSA] Lucky Peak RAWS decommissioned

  • Tom von Alten
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 29, 2013
      Thanks to Jon and Eddy for suggestions.

      I've replaced the LP RAWS with the ITD sensor at Highland Valley Summit,
      updated the link to the Bureau of Reclamation's teacup diagram, and added
      the Lucky Peak reservoir level page. (The BuRec links are in the
      "Watershed" item below the sunrise graphic.)

      http://fortboise.org/windsurfing/uppertv.html

      Jon is going to see if a government pal can bring back the LP RAWS...
      but if you're going to do something like that, why not get them to
      put that nice government-issue and networked hardware down to the good
      part of the lake? The canyon up by the nursery has never been a good
      place for a sailing sensor, unless you have a boat at Spring Shores.

      Oh, and it might be windy this afternoon, you're welcome.
      _____________
      Tom von Alten
      tva@...
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 29, 2013
        Thanks Tom. Always appreciated. Heading to Lake Lowell at 3:00.

        Eddy

        On Apr 29, 2013, at 12:19 PM, "Tom von Alten" <tva@...> wrote:

        > Thanks to Jon and Eddy for suggestions.
        >
        > I've replaced the LP RAWS with the ITD sensor at Highland Valley Summit,
        > updated the link to the Bureau of Reclamation's teacup diagram, and added
        > the Lucky Peak reservoir level page. (The BuRec links are in the
        > "Watershed" item below the sunrise graphic.)
        >
        > http://fortboise.org/windsurfing/uppertv.html
        >
        > Jon is going to see if a government pal can bring back the LP RAWS...
        > but if you're going to do something like that, why not get them to
        > put that nice government-issue and networked hardware down to the good
        > part of the lake? The canyon up by the nursery has never been a good
        > place for a sailing sensor, unless you have a boat at Spring Shores.
        >
        > Oh, and it might be windy this afternoon, you're welcome.

      • Josh Woodland
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 29, 2013

          How was Lake Lull?

          Josh

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 30, 2013
            Lake Lull was typical.... Great smooth 9m when the sun was out from 3:30-4:30 then it got cloudy and rained a bit which killed the wind.  So I got my swimming in for the year.  Of course it turned back on once I had  my wet suit off at 5:30.

            Better than being stuck at the office....and the water temp is very nice and clear, fun boosting over schools of carp...not crap.

            Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
            208-863-6966

            On Apr 29, 2013, at 10:03 PM, Josh Woodland wrote:

            How was Lake Lull?

            Josh

            On Apr 29, 2013 12:33 PM, "Gear Daddy LLC" <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

            Thanks Tom. Always appreciated. Heading to Lake Lowell at 3:00.

            Eddy

            On Apr 29, 2013, at 12:19 PM, "Tom von Alten" <tva@...> wrote:

            > Thanks to Jon and Eddy for suggestions.
            >
            > I've replaced the LP RAWS with the ITD sensor at Highland Valley Summit,
            > updated the link to the Bureau of Reclamation's teacup diagram, and added
            > the Lucky Peak reservoir level page. (The BuRec links are in the
            > "Watershed" item below the sunrise graphic.)
            >
            > http://fortboise.org/windsurfing/uppertv.html
            >
            > Jon is going to see if a government pal can bring back the LP RAWS...
            > but if you're going to do something like that, why not get them to
            > put that nice government-issue and networked hardware down to the good
            > part of the lake? The canyon up by the nursery has never been a good
            > place for a sailing sensor, unless you have a boat at Spring Shores.
            >
            > Oh, and it might be windy this afternoon, you're welcome.

          • jwattboi
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 30, 2013
              Water seemed much warmer than two weeks ago. Lots of boost and carp, and some crap (ran over a log). I got lucky and made it back to Gotts with only feet to spare, one more tack and I would have been practicing body drags with Eddy.

              If anybody wants to go, I'm planning on taking the afternoon off and heading to Lowell or CJ/river if it looks good.