Re: Lake Lowell Monday Session

  • jwattboi
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 22, 2013
      I can't do a luncher, but maybe later this afternoon. If nobody joins you, have a great Solowell.

      --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "geardaddyllc" <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

      > Blowing nicely this AM and supposed to build by noon. I plan on being on water by 11:30 and getting in a good hour session. Anyone planning on joining? Typically LL afternoons are very thermic so my experience has been get it early!!! Heading to Gotts Point and I'll report on Water level later.
      >
      > Eddy
      >
      > --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Very nice presentation. Hopefully it all works out.
      > >
      > > Looks like wind on Monday so I'll bring my gear to work!!!
      > >
      > > Eddy

    • geardaddyllc
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 22, 2013
        Had a nice solo session from 12-1:15 Water is cooler than CJ.

        Flew my 12 in typical LL fashion over/under powered with thermals, I should have put up my 17.

        I launched from the South Shore P3, but would not recommend it. I waded out to end of willows then had to swim out far enough to execute an ugly drift launch, but it worked. it would be an easy launch for Windsurfers. Landing was not to bad if you are fresh on your self rescues, my fingers were a little chilly so grabbing the lines to retrieve kite was a bit of a challenge, so It took me a few tries to properly kill kite.

        Glad I went it was a beautifully refreshing day.

        Eddy

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 22, 2013

          Inspirational.  I’ve got to get over this flu and then I’ll be out there too.

          The flow looked a little light throughout the valley.

          So I can get calibrated.  What kind of 12m were you one?  How big a board? Do you still weigh 180 wet?

          Was it the typical LL Lul cycle of 5min on and 5min off or was it more like the 10min cycle?

          -JBrick