RE: [snowkiteidaho] Saturday at CJ

  • Mark Westerdoll
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 10 9:41 PM
      I was at CJ yesterday, water felt cool but not cold. Bartender at Black Sands said it was 54 degrees, but it felt a little warmer than that. Have fun, I'll be at work all weekend!

      Westy

      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      From: geardaddyllc@...
      Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 21:56:52 -0600
      Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Saturday at CJ

      Hoping to head to CJ for Saturday afternoon session. Probably camp out for evening.

      Eddy

    • Jason Watt
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 11 6:56 AM
      Jim and I were at the river Sunday and Monday.  Mark's water temp report is similar to what we observed.  At the river, Sun we got a reading of 57, Mon we got a reading of 55.

      The whole area was angry Monday.  I'm pretty sure you could have done a downwinder from the main pool through the canyon to the Snake River arm.  There are a few photos attached.  You can't see it in the photo, but where the wind was exiting the canyon it was strong enough to pick up enough water and make a wall of mist.

      Hoping to head to CJ for Saturday afternoon session. Probably camp out for evening.