Re: [snowkiteidaho] Spring Action This Week?

  • Jim shultz
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 7, 2013
      What time are you thinking today Jason?

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Apr 7, 2013, at 7:25, "jwattboi" <jwattboi@...> wrote:

      It looks like there is lots of potential for spring action this week if you don't mind low to mid 50's afternoon temps and cold water.

      Looks like maybe wind with rain later today, but blastin' with some sun on Monday and Tuesday, 50 and 56 for highs around 3:00 respectively. I might drive to ICR later this afternoon to check out water level if it's not raining.

      Monday and Tuesday look real strong for a River run if it doesn't end up 30g50+. Looks like some potential later in the week too. Anybody else up for some River, CJ, or ICR (if there's any water in it)?

    • jwattboi
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 7, 2013
        If it's not raining, leave home 2-ish after kiddo #1 goes down for his nap. Head to ICR to check water level and take temp. If there's wind and it's not a weed whacker sesh, go for it? I'm thinking 2-ish depart any day this week that it may work.

        --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Jim shultz <jim.shultz00@...> wrote:

        > What time are you thinking today Jason?
        >
        > Sent from my iPhone

      • Jim shultz
        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 7, 2013
          Give me a call when you get a chance 850.1709

          Jim

          Sent from my iPhone

          Message 4 of 19 , Apr 7, 2013
            MtnH looks blah right now but LL looks great now.  What day can we start there?  Think anyone would notice if I play there tomorrow;-)

            Eddy

            On Apr 7, 2013, at 11:29 AM, Jim shultz <jim.shultz00@...> wrote:

            Give me a call when you get a chance 850.1709

            Jim

            Sent from my iPhone

            On Apr 7, 2013, at 10:44, "jwattboi" <jwattboi@...> wrote:

            If it's not raining, leave home 2-ish after kiddo #1 goes down for his nap. Head to ICR to check water level and take temp. If there's wind and it's not a weed whacker sesh, go for it? I'm thinking 2-ish depart any day this week that it may work.

            --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Jim shultz <jim.shultz00@...> wrote:

            > What time are you thinking today Jason?
            >
            > Sent from my iPhone

          • Jason Watt
            Message 5 of 19 , Apr 7, 2013
              Jim and I are meeting 2:45 @ albys if anybody else wants to go along for the recon.

              On Apr 7, 2013, at 12:00, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

              MtnH looks blah right now but LL looks great now.  What day can we start there?  Think anyone would notice if I play there tomorrow;-)

              Eddy

              On Apr 7, 2013, at 11:29 AM, Jim shultz <jim.shultz00@...> wrote:

              Give me a call when you get a chance 850.1709

              Jim

              Sent from my iPhone

              On Apr 7, 2013, at 10:44, "jwattboi" <jwattboi@...> wrote:

              If it's not raining, leave home 2-ish after kiddo #1 goes down for his nap. Head to ICR to check water level and take temp. If there's wind and it's not a weed whacker sesh, go for it? I'm thinking 2-ish depart any day this week that it may work.

              --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Jim shultz <jim.shultz00@...> wrote:

              > What time are you thinking today Jason?
              >
              > Sent from my iPhone

            • Jason Watt
              Message 6 of 19 , Apr 7, 2013
                ICR, see you spring, 2014.

                On Apr 7, 2013, at 14:05, Jason Watt <jwattboi@...> wrote:

                Jim and I are meeting 2:45 @ albys if anybody else wants to go along for the recon.

                On Apr 7, 2013, at 12:00, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

                MtnH looks blah right now but LL looks great now.  What day can we start there?  Think anyone would notice if I play there tomorrow;-)

                Eddy

                On Apr 7, 2013, at 11:29 AM, Jim shultz <jim.shultz00@...> wrote:

                Give me a call when you get a chance 850.1709

                Jim

                Sent from my iPhone

                On Apr 7, 2013, at 10:44, "jwattboi" <jwattboi@...> wrote:

                If it's not raining, leave home 2-ish after kiddo #1 goes down for his nap. Head to ICR to check water level and take temp. If there's wind and it's not a weed whacker sesh, go for it? I'm thinking 2-ish depart any day this week that it may work.

                --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Jim shultz <jim.shultz00@...> wrote:

                > What time are you thinking today Jason?
                >
                > Sent from my iPhone

              • jwattboi
                Message 7 of 19 , Apr 7, 2013
                  We drove out to ICR. It's done before it started. Water level looks way lower than last year. The beach extends way out and tons of weeds. Maybe do-able if really desperate on the very northern edge.

                  So, we drove down to the river. Wind was too light and it was from the north. Direct offshore at the bridge spot. We drove around to the south side and parked by the water right by the islands. Hail storm came through and it was lit but only for a short while so we did not get out. I dropped the thermometer in and it read 57, so 15 degrees warmer than LP.

                  With that water temp, most days this week should be above the rule of 100. Jim and I are going to try for a 2-ish departure tomorrow, anybody else in?
                  Message 8 of 19 , Apr 7, 2013
                  • 1 Attachment
                  • 2.8 MB
                  here is a pic of mike stone on his skim board in the bahamas . I am on my way  there tomorrow to meet up with him and Prudence his 35' Southern Cross to head out on a surfing safari . we are equipped  with Kites and SUPs , We will be in mostly remote places looking for wind and surf ,  so internet will be spotty , but i will try to get off some pics when we get close to civilization .
                  PS Gorge Windsurfing and Kitesurfing Forecasts will resume April 15, 2013

                  Wind-Speed.com

                  To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                  From: jwattboi@...
                  Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 15:17:24 -0600
                  Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Spring Action This Week?

                  ICR, see you spring, 2014.

                  On Apr 7, 2013, at 14:05, Jason Watt <jwattboi@...> wrote:

                  Jim and I are meeting 2:45 @ albys if anybody else wants to go along for the recon.

                  On Apr 7, 2013, at 12:00, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

                  MtnH looks blah right now but LL looks great now.  What day can we start there?  Think anyone would notice if I play there tomorrow;-)

                  Eddy

                  On Apr 7, 2013, at 11:29 AM, Jim shultz <jim.shultz00@...> wrote:

                  Give me a call when you get a chance 850.1709

                  Jim

                  Sent from my iPhone

                  On Apr 7, 2013, at 10:44, "jwattboi" <jwattboi@...> wrote:

                  If it's not raining, leave home 2-ish after kiddo #1 goes down for his nap. Head to ICR to check water level and take temp. If there's wind and it's not a weed whacker sesh, go for it? I'm thinking 2-ish depart any day this week that it may work.

                  --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Jim shultz <jim.shultz00@...> wrote:

                  > What time are you thinking today Jason?
                  >
                  > Sent from my iPhone

                • Bill Binegar
                  Message 9 of 19 , Apr 7, 2013
                    Steve sounds like you and Mike are going to out do Eddie  finding that double secret spot. Put an X on the map when you find it. Have fun!  Bill

                    Sent from my iPhone

                    To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                    From: jwattboi@...
                    Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 15:17:24 -0600

                    ICR, see you spring, 2014.

                    On Apr 7, 2013, at 14:05, Jason Watt <jwattboi@...> wrote:

                    Jim and I are meeting 2:45 @ albys if anybody else wants to go along for the recon.

                    On Apr 7, 2013, at 12:00, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

                    MtnH looks blah right now but LL looks great now.  What day can we start there?  Think anyone would notice if I play there tomorrow;-)

                    Eddy

                    On Apr 7, 2013, at 11:29 AM, Jim shultz <jim.shultz00@...> wrote:

                    Give me a call when you get a chance 850.1709

                    Jim

                    Sent from my iPhone

                    On Apr 7, 2013, at 10:44, "jwattboi" <jwattboi@...> wrote:

                    If it's not raining, leave home 2-ish after kiddo #1 goes down for his nap. Head to ICR to check water level and take temp. If there's wind and it's not a weed whacker sesh, go for it? I'm thinking 2-ish depart any day this week that it may work.

                    --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Jim shultz <jim.shultz00@...> wrote:

                    > What time are you thinking today Jason?
                    >
                    > Sent from my iPhone

                    <P2120026.JPG>
                  • Chris Lee
                    Message 10 of 19 , Apr 7, 2013
                      I believe it's April 15... Unfortunately, it's one more week

                      Best regards,
                      Chris Lee

                      Message 11 of 19 , Apr 7, 2013
                        Second that Steve-O.... have lots of fun for us.  I'm up in Eastern Wa next week otherwise I make be up for a River Run....

                        -JBrick

                        From: jwattboi@...
                        Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 15:17:24 -0600

                        ICR, see you spring, 2014.

                        On Apr 7, 2013, at 14:05, Jason Watt <jwattboi@...> wrote:

                        Jim and I are meeting 2:45 @ albys if anybody else wants to go along for the recon.

                        On Apr 7, 2013, at 12:00, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

                        MtnH looks blah right now but LL looks great now.  What day can we start there?  Think anyone would notice if I play there tomorrow;-)

                        Eddy

                        On Apr 7, 2013, at 11:29 AM, Jim shultz <jim.shultz00@...> wrote:

                        Give me a call when you get a chance 850.1709

                        Jim

                        Sent from my iPhone

                        On Apr 7, 2013, at 10:44, "jwattboi" <jwattboi@...> wrote:

                        If it's not raining, leave home 2-ish after kiddo #1 goes down for his nap. Head to ICR to check water level and take temp. If there's wind and it's not a weed whacker sesh, go for it? I'm thinking 2-ish depart any day this week that it may work.

                        --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Jim shultz <jim.shultz00@...> wrote:

                        > What time are you thinking today Jason?
                        >
                        > Sent from my iPhone

                        <P2120026.JPG>

                        Message 12 of 19 , Apr 7, 2013
                          Eddy you know better

                          CC: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                          To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                          From: chris133@...
                          Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 22:29:16 -0600

                          Message 13 of 19 , Apr 8, 2013
                            But I'm special!!!

                            Eddy

                            To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                            From: chris133@...
                            Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 22:29:16 -0600

                            Message 14 of 19 , Apr 8, 2013
                              Steve, you & Chris in for epic adventure.  Way cool.  Say hi to Mike for us.

                              Chris Lee is right...Lake Lull isn't open until April 15, but when it opens, water low this year and could be dry shoreline southside for setup, which is rare in Springtime.  Also EVERYONE...don't forget...FWS folks giving us rundown of the likely recreational permissions for LL on Saturday April 20, 10am, Gym State Gymnastics on State St.

                              On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 12:00 PM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

                              MtnH looks blah right now but LL looks great now.  What day can we start there?  Think anyone would notice if I play there tomorrow;-)

                              Eddy

                              On Apr 7, 2013, at 11:29 AM, Jim shultz <jim.shultz00@...> wrote:

                              Give me a call when you get a chance 850.1709

                              Jim

                              Sent from my iPhone

                              On Apr 7, 2013, at 10:44, "jwattboi" <jwattboi@...> wrote:

                              If it's not raining, leave home 2-ish after kiddo #1 goes down for his nap. Head to ICR to check water level and take temp. If there's wind and it's not a weed whacker sesh, go for it? I'm thinking 2-ish depart any day this week that it may work.

                              --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Jim shultz <jim.shultz00@...> wrote:

                              > What time are you thinking today Jason?
                              >
                              > Sent from my iPhone

                            • Jason Watt
                              Message 15 of 19 , Apr 8, 2013
                                2:30 albys depart for a 7m river run. So far me and Jim.
                                Message 16 of 19 , Apr 8, 2013
                                  ...Jim...news says winds in Twin Falls not as strong as west end of valley...suggest escaping the rage w/ downwinder to Twin !!

                                  Message 17 of 19 , Apr 8, 2013
                                    It was a "let er' buck" session.  Jason W. and myself were lit up on 7m's at the river.  Liquid smoke on the water and punchy!  Maybe more sane winds later in the week...

                                    Sent from my iPhone

                                    Message 18 of 19 , Apr 9, 2013

                                      You ‘Pot Stirrer’….

                                      -JBrick