Re: [snowkiteidaho] Sunday Service, LP is On

  • William Binegar
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 31, 2013
      Nice work Jason.  First one at LP to get our season going.   Can't wait to join you.  Just got back from Aruba.  Probably not going back after being there 11 years in a row.  They are building a Ritz Carlton and this is severely blocking the wind.  Also Aruba has always been a bit of a rodeo.  Ended up kiting with a different outfit than Vela this year.  Met up again with an Aruban native, Armando.  Old friend of ours from our windsurfing days with Vela.  If any of you ever do get to Aruba look up his place, Armando's Kite Shack.  They are very friendly and will consider taking you on trips to other sites in Aruba, which I did not do due to family, etc.  However, Armando did take Wendy and me on a downwinder from his place to the northern part  of the island which was a blast. Armando informed us he was going to come to Idaho this winter for the kite festival, but alas we did not have one.
      Bill

      On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 12:50 PM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

      Awesome. Go new dad!!! Must have family in town.

      Eddy

      On Mar 31, 2013, at 12:39 PM, Jason Watt <jwattboi@...> wrote:

      I got up this morning and figured why not take a drive and see what the water temp is.  42 at 9:30 with whitecaps everywhere.  I can't just leave...

      Suit up and hike in with the 12.  Still whitecappin'.  On the water at 10, off at 10:30.  Not because I was cold, but it turned off quick.  Wish I would have been an hour earlier.  LP is on.

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 31, 2013
        ...wait...Jason...you get your daze confused?

        Surely that's an April Fool's joke!

        On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 12:39 PM, Jason Watt <jwattboi@...> wrote:

        [Attachment(s) from Jason Watt included below]

        I got up this morning and figured why not take a drive and see what the water temp is.  42 at 9:30 with whitecaps everywhere.  I can't just leave...

        Suit up and hike in with the 12.  Still whitecappin'.  On the water at 10, off at 10:30.  Not because I was cold, but it turned off quick.  Wish I would have been an hour earlier.  LP is on.

      • Jason Watt