Fwd: Deer Flat National Wildlife Refuge Planning Update 5

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23, 2013
    Here is the official "Draft CCP" developed by US FWS.  Recall it factors in public input gathered from the "Preliminary Draft" released last year.
    CALENDAR REMINDER: FWS personnel will do a presentation to us about this Draft plan on April 20, 10AM, Gem State Gymnastics.   (The time moved from 11am to 10am due to conflict at Jim's gym).....
    We kiters & windsurfers presently access the lake at Gott Point, the Lower Dam Rec. Area, and South side access 4.  First glance at the Draft's "Preferred Alternative", the main issue I see that might affect our use is the presence of the grebe colony area shaded in magenta on the south side between accesses 4 and 5.  The plan calls for closure of areas 500 yards around any grebe colonies.  Please look it over for any other issues, and come to the FWS presentation at Jim's Gym on April 10.  Thanks.