FW: Deer Flat National Wildlife Refuge Planning Update 5

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23, 2013
    Jon or some one
    Has anyone read and or purposed a comment to the latest draft ?
    Steve
     Remember Lake Lowell opens April 15th . keep a eye pealed for S.E. in Nampa / Caldwell ,and head to the lower dam . the water warms there fast . my opinion is its the best and most user friendly we have around here , only draw back , is it on shore , so staying up wind is a must and there are large trees in your way if you don't . but it shallow enough you can walk back to the very large and open beach to reboot . Also in the draft this  area will be off limits so this mite be  the last year to use it .
    See you on the water

    Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 08:07:51 -0600
    Subject: Deer Flat National Wildlife Refuge Planning Update 5
    From: deerflat@...

    The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is developing a Comprehensive Conservation Plan (CCP) and Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) for the Lake Lowell and Snake River Islands Units of Deer Flat National Wildlife Refuge (Refuge). The CCP will guide Refuge management for the next 15 years. You are currently on our CCP e-mail list, so you will receive updates throughout the process.

    The Service evaluated four management alternatives in the draft CCP/EIS, analyzed refuge management goals and objectives, and identified scientifically grounded strategies for improving wildlife habitats and providing recreational opportunities. Public comments submitted during the planning process are addressed in the draft document.

    A summary, called Planning Update 5, is attached.  The draft CCP/EIS, Planning Update 5, and other information about the planning process are posted on the Refuge‚Äôs Web site at www.fws.gov/deerflat/refugeplanning.html. Printed and CD-ROM copies of the draft are available at Idaho public libraries in Boise, Caldwell, Homedale, Marsing, Nampa, and Payette.

    We welcome and encourage you to be part of this process.  From now until May 15, 2013, we will be accepting public comments on the draft CCP/EIS.  Those comments will be considered as we develop the final CCP/EIS.  We thank everyone who has provided comments so far and we invite you to continue sharing your ideas with us. Your participation remains critical to the success of this planning effort.

    Comments and requests to obtain a copy of the draft CCP/EIS on CD-ROM can be sent by any one of the following methods. Email:deerflat@...; Fax: Attn: Jennifer Brown-Scott, (208) 467-1019; or U.S. Mail: Jennifer Brown-Scott, Refuge Manager, Deer Flat National Wildlife Refuge, 13751 Upper Embankment Road, Nampa, ID  83686.

    The Deer Flat National Wildlife Refuge CCP Team

    Deer Flat National Wildlife Refuge
    13751 Upper Embankment Road
    Nampa, ID 83686

    (208) 467-9278