Re: [snowkiteidaho] Crystal Ball: This weekend?

  • Ryan Carlson
    Message 1 of 27 , Mar 2, 2013
      I'm game too.
      Alby's? What time?
      Ryan

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Mar 1, 2013, at 10:40 PM, Jake Dobson <jakedobson80@...> wrote:

      I'm in for Saturday.

      Jake

      Sent from my iPad

      On Mar 1, 2013, at 7:23 PM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

      Saturday session.  I'm planning on going as soon as wind is consistently above 6mph. Last Resort is only option unless it gets strong. It will probably be ugly but going anyways.  Flying solo got my birthday hall pass.

      Sunday looks to start strong and to get stronger by days end.

      Eddy

      On Feb 28, 2013, at 6:55 PM, David Jakious <davidjakious@...> wrote:

      Is the ridge the only place to kite on east winds?  The rest of the prairie only works on west?

      Thanks,
      David

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Feb 27, 2013, at 10:54 AM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

      Yeah both days.  Saturday at Last Resort if snow pack is suffice. Sunday west wind anywhere else.  That is typical for pre-frontal (Saturday) / post-frontal (Sunday)

      Saturday would be best but snow conditions at Last Resort kinda suck!!!
      Eddy

      On Feb 27, 2013, at 10:23 AM, David Jakious <davidjakious@...> wrote:

      It is strange, Windalert seems to predict good wind in opposing directions for Sat (E) and Sun (W). Anyone with experience have a good feeling for either day?

            Message 5 of 27 , Mar 2, 2013
              Ummmmm.  The fat lady has sung.  See ya next yr on the snow that is.

              Eddy

              On Mar 2, 2013, at 10:27 AM, Greg <daflyinhawaiian64@...> wrote:

              Happy Birthday!

              Sent from my iPhone

[...]

            • Mike Cottingham
              Message 6 of 27 , Mar 2, 2013
                Tomorrow looks to be strong winds.  Is there not enough snow, or too many obstacles poking through?

                -Mike C.

                Message 7 of 27 , Mar 2, 2013
                  I guess I should have said see Last Resort next year.  There is still some soft wet snow out at big easy.  Tony went to sno mo park so he can report later.

                  Eddy

                  Message 8 of 27 , Mar 2, 2013
                    Thx for info.
                    -Mike

                    Message 9 of 27 , Mar 2, 2013
                      Hi Steve and the rest of the gang, I've been out of  the loop lately. That is quite The launch. I was able to snowboard kite for the first time two or three weeks ago at cascade. I very much enjoyed it. Wish I could do more. Glad you and the rest of the gang are still having fun. Been great hearing all the stories.

                      Sent from my iPhone

                      On Feb 27, 2013, at 6:49 AM, steve linane <itile@...> wrote:

                      Wind every day but didnt ride yesterday needed a day off and it came up late . As you can see in the video no one on the water and the guy coming in (Mike a local , runes a jet ski business ) said it was backing off . but when i got out there it was a fully powered 11,5 . I am glad i brought my 9m the first few days would of been a hand full on something bigger . The wind is so smooth i haven't felt a gust yet , but thats what i paid the big bucks for , that and the warm weather and water , and having the place to myself is a unexpected perk
                      steve has a file to share with you on SkyDrive. To view it, click the link below.
                      launch at Ceye Caulker.mp4

                    • Tonyswilliams
                      Message 10 of 27 , Mar 2, 2013
                        If you are going out best to park at the shed/corral and keep to the flats. Still a foot or so snow there with no brush but otherwise the snow is pretty thin and risking an injury on lots of rock only a few inches below the snow

                        Sent from my iPhone

                        On Mar 2, 2013, at 5:43 PM, Mike Cottingham <macingham13@...> wrote:

                        Thx for info.
                        -Mike

                          Message 12 of 27 , Mar 3, 2013

                            So does Laura get the hall pass to come play today?

                            I think we will be heading out in an hour or two.

                            Pretty sure we are full in the car but will email back if someone drops out.