Re: [snowkiteidaho] RE: [idahokiteboarding] Belize report

    Message 1 of 27 , Feb 27, 2013
      sweet!...can't wait to see the goods...

      On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 5:09 PM, steve linane <itile@...> wrote:

       Yes the kite shop is right there . I didnt see any carnage , but its bound to happen .  that was my afternoon sesh and allot of site seers had left , earlier I had to shoo people off the brake water to land my kite . the loco that caught it didn't seem to think wall to wall people was a problem
      Today no wind , went to the local surf cumpony and rented SUPs and he took us out the the reef and we spent the day surfing , got a little video to share

      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      From: idakiteman@...
      Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 14:20:36 -0700
      Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] RE: [idahokiteboarding] Belize report

      ...I bet the kite repair guy loves that place!!  That his shop right behind it?

      On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 12:09 PM, RUSTY HILL <rustyshill@...> wrote:

      That is SWEEEEET! I love when people make it work wherever they are. Who needs a mile long beach, right?

      RUSTY HILL
      rustyshill@...

      On Feb 27, 2013, at 10:48 AM, Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:

      Oh My!

      I would have never believed it.  That makes Lucky Peak and every other sketch launch look like a walk in the park.

      Thanks for sharing.  I felt like I was right there with you.

      Have fun and keep sharing.  Super stoked for you!

      -JBrick

      Message 2 of 27 , Feb 28, 2013
        Is the ridge the only place to kite on east winds?  The rest of the prairie only works on west?

        Thanks,
        David

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Feb 27, 2013, at 10:54 AM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

        Yeah both days.  Saturday at Last Resort if snow pack is suffice. Sunday west wind anywhere else.  That is typical for pre-frontal (Saturday) / post-frontal (Sunday)

        Saturday would be best but snow conditions at Last Resort kinda suck!!!
        Eddy

        On Feb 27, 2013, at 10:23 AM, David Jakious <davidjakious@...> wrote:

        It is strange, Windalert seems to predict good wind in opposing directions for Sat (E) and Sun (W). Anyone with experience have a good feeling for either day?

                Message 7 of 27 , Mar 2, 2013
                  I can be ready quickly but visibility looks terrible right now and my 6mph min is not quite there. I would guess it clears for take off by 12-1

                  Eddy

                  On Mar 1, 2013, at 10:40 PM, Jake Dobson <jakedobson80@...> wrote:

                  I'm in for Saturday.

                  Jake

                  Sent from my iPad

[...]

                • Ryan Carlson
                  Message 8 of 27 , Mar 2, 2013
                    I'm game too.
                    Alby's? What time?
                    Ryan

                    Sent from my iPhone

                    Message 9 of 27 , Mar 2, 2013
                      Waiting for fog to lift.  And 6mph wind

                      Eddy

                      On Mar 2, 2013, at 10:14 AM, Ryan Carlson <ryancarlson358@...> wrote:

                      I'm game too.
                      Alby's? What time?
                      Ryan

                      Sent from my iPhone

[...]

                    • Greg

                            Message 13 of 27 , Mar 2, 2013
                              Tomorrow looks to be strong winds.  Is there not enough snow, or too many obstacles poking through?

                              -Mike C.

                              Message 14 of 27 , Mar 2, 2013
                                I guess I should have said see Last Resort next year.  There is still some soft wet snow out at big easy.  Tony went to sno mo park so he can report later.

                                Eddy

                                Message 15 of 27 , Mar 2, 2013
                                  Thx for info.
                                  -Mike

                                    Message 17 of 27 , Mar 2, 2013
                                      If you are going out best to park at the shed/corral and keep to the flats. Still a foot or so snow there with no brush but otherwise the snow is pretty thin and risking an injury on lots of rock only a few inches below the snow

                                      Sent from my iPhone

                                      On Mar 2, 2013, at 5:43 PM, Mike Cottingham <macingham13@...> wrote:

                                      Thx for info.
                                      -Mike

                                        Message 19 of 27 , Mar 3, 2013

                                          So does Laura get the hall pass to come play today?

                                          I think we will be heading out in an hour or two.

                                          Pretty sure we are full in the car but will email back if someone drops out.