Re: [snowkiteidaho] RE: [idahokiteboarding] Belize report

    Message 1 of 27 , Feb 27, 2013
      ...I bet the kite repair guy loves that place!!  That his shop right behind it?

      On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 12:09 PM, RUSTY HILL <rustyshill@...> wrote:

      That is SWEEEEET! I love when people make it work wherever they are. Who needs a mile long beach, right?

      RUSTY HILL
      rustyshill@...

      On Feb 27, 2013, at 10:48 AM, Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:

      Oh My!

      I would have never believed it.  That makes Lucky Peak and every other sketch launch look like a walk in the park.

      Thanks for sharing.  I felt like I was right there with you.

      Have fun and keep sharing.  Super stoked for you!

      -JBrick

      Message 2 of 27 , Feb 27, 2013

         Yes the kite shop is right there . I didnt see any carnage , but its bound to happen .  that was my afternoon sesh and allot of site seers had left , earlier I had to shoo people off the brake water to land my kite . the loco that caught it didn't seem to think wall to wall people was a problem
        Today no wind , went to the local surf cumpony and rented SUPs and he took us out the the reef and we spent the day surfing , got a little video to share

        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 27 , Feb 27, 2013
          sweet!...can't wait to see the goods...

          To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

          Wind every day but didnt ride yesterday needed a day off and it came up late . As you can see in the video no one on the water and the guy coming in (Mike a local , runes a jet ski business ) said it was backing off . but when i got out there it was a fully powered 11,5 . I am glad i brought my 9m the first few days would of been a hand full on something bigger . The wind is so smooth i haven't felt a gust yet , but thats what i paid the big bucks for , that and the warm weather and water , and having the place to myself is a unexpected perk

          steve has a file to share with you on SkyDrive. To view it, click the link below.

          launch at Ceye Caulker.mp4

        • David Jakious
          Message 4 of 27 , Feb 28, 2013
            Is the ridge the only place to kite on east winds?  The rest of the prairie only works on west?

            Thanks,
            David

            Sent from my iPhone

            On Feb 27, 2013, at 10:54 AM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

            Yeah both days.  Saturday at Last Resort if snow pack is suffice. Sunday west wind anywhere else.  That is typical for pre-frontal (Saturday) / post-frontal (Sunday)

            Saturday would be best but snow conditions at Last Resort kinda suck!!!
            Eddy

            On Feb 27, 2013, at 10:23 AM, David Jakious <davidjakious@...> wrote:

            It is strange, Windalert seems to predict good wind in opposing directions for Sat (E) and Sun (W). Anyone with experience have a good feeling for either day?

                    Message 9 of 27 , Mar 2 8:49 AM
                      I can be ready quickly but visibility looks terrible right now and my 6mph min is not quite there. I would guess it clears for take off by 12-1

                      Eddy

                      On Mar 1, 2013, at 10:40 PM, Jake Dobson <jakedobson80@...> wrote:

                      I'm in for Saturday.

                      Jake

                      Sent from my iPad

[...]

                    • Ryan Carlson
                      Message 10 of 27 , Mar 2 9:14 AM
                        I'm game too.
                        Alby's? What time?
                        Ryan

                        Sent from my iPhone

                        Message 11 of 27 , Mar 2 9:23 AM
                          Waiting for fog to lift.  And 6mph wind

                          Eddy

                          On Mar 2, 2013, at 10:14 AM, Ryan Carlson <ryancarlson358@...> wrote:

                          I'm game too.
                          Alby's? What time?
                          Ryan

                          Sent from my iPhone

[...]

                        • Greg

                                Message 15 of 27 , Mar 2 4:24 PM
                                  Tomorrow looks to be strong winds.  Is there not enough snow, or too many obstacles poking through?

                                  -Mike C.

                                  Message 16 of 27 , Mar 2 4:38 PM
                                    I guess I should have said see Last Resort next year.  There is still some soft wet snow out at big easy.  Tony went to sno mo park so he can report later.

                                    Eddy

                                    Message 17 of 27 , Mar 2 4:43 PM
                                      Thx for info.
                                      -Mike

                                        Message 19 of 27 , Mar 2 6:13 PM
                                          If you are going out best to park at the shed/corral and keep to the flats. Still a foot or so snow there with no brush but otherwise the snow is pretty thin and risking an injury on lots of rock only a few inches below the snow

                                          Sent from my iPhone

                                          On Mar 2, 2013, at 5:43 PM, Mike Cottingham <macingham13@...> wrote:

                                          Thx for info.
                                          -Mike

                                            Message 21 of 27 , Mar 3 9:25 AM

                                              So does Laura get the hall pass to come play today?

                                              I think we will be heading out in an hour or two.

                                              Pretty sure we are full in the car but will email back if someone drops out.