Re: [snowkiteidaho] Crystal Ball: This weekend?

    Message 1 of 27 , Feb 27, 2013
      Yeah both days.  Saturday at Last Resort if snow pack is suffice. Sunday west wind anywhere else.  That is typical for pre-frontal (Saturday) / post-frontal (Sunday)

      Saturday would be best but snow conditions at Last Resort kinda suck!!!
      Eddy

      On Feb 27, 2013, at 10:23 AM, David Jakious <davidjakious@...> wrote:

      It is strange, Windalert seems to predict good wind in opposing directions for Sat (E) and Sun (W). Anyone with experience have a good feeling for either day?

    • RUSTY HILL
      Message 2 of 27 , Feb 27, 2013
        That is SWEEEEET! I love when people make it work wherever they are. Who needs a mile long beach, right?

        RUSTY HILL
        rustyshill@...

        On Feb 27, 2013, at 10:48 AM, Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:

        Oh My!

        I would have never believed it.  That makes Lucky Peak and every other sketch launch look like a walk in the park.

        Thanks for sharing.  I felt like I was right there with you.

        Have fun and keep sharing.  Super stoked for you!

        -JBrick

          Message 4 of 27 , Feb 27, 2013

             Yes the kite shop is right there . I didnt see any carnage , but its bound to happen .  that was my afternoon sesh and allot of site seers had left , earlier I had to shoo people off the brake water to land my kite . the loco that caught it didn't seem to think wall to wall people was a problem
            Today no wind , went to the local surf cumpony and rented SUPs and he took us out the the reef and we spent the day surfing , got a little video to share

            To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 27 , Feb 27, 2013
              sweet!...can't wait to see the goods...

              To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

              Wind every day but didnt ride yesterday needed a day off and it came up late . As you can see in the video no one on the water and the guy coming in (Mike a local , runes a jet ski business ) said it was backing off . but when i got out there it was a fully powered 11,5 . I am glad i brought my 9m the first few days would of been a hand full on something bigger . The wind is so smooth i haven't felt a gust yet , but thats what i paid the big bucks for , that and the warm weather and water , and having the place to myself is a unexpected perk

              steve has a file to share with you on SkyDrive. To view it, click the link below.

              launch at Ceye Caulker.mp4

            • David Jakious
              Message 6 of 27 , Feb 28, 2013
                Is the ridge the only place to kite on east winds?  The rest of the prairie only works on west?

                Thanks,
                David

                Sent from my iPhone

                        Message 11 of 27 , Mar 2, 2013
                          I can be ready quickly but visibility looks terrible right now and my 6mph min is not quite there. I would guess it clears for take off by 12-1

                          Eddy

                          On Mar 1, 2013, at 10:40 PM, Jake Dobson <jakedobson80@...> wrote:

                          I'm in for Saturday.

                          Jake

                          Sent from my iPad

[...]

                        • Ryan Carlson
                          Message 12 of 27 , Mar 2, 2013
                            I'm game too.
                            Alby's? What time?
                            Ryan

                            Sent from my iPhone

                            Message 13 of 27 , Mar 2, 2013
                              Waiting for fog to lift.  And 6mph wind

                              Eddy

                              On Mar 2, 2013, at 10:14 AM, Ryan Carlson <ryancarlson358@...> wrote:

                              I'm game too.
                              Alby's? What time?
                              Ryan

                              Sent from my iPhone

[...]

                            • Greg

                                    Message 17 of 27 , Mar 2, 2013
                                      Tomorrow looks to be strong winds.  Is there not enough snow, or too many obstacles poking through?

                                      -Mike C.

                                      Message 18 of 27 , Mar 2, 2013
                                        I guess I should have said see Last Resort next year.  There is still some soft wet snow out at big easy.  Tony went to sno mo park so he can report later.

                                        Eddy

                                        Message 19 of 27 , Mar 2, 2013
                                          Thx for info.
                                          -Mike

                                            Message 21 of 27 , Mar 2, 2013
                                              If you are going out best to park at the shed/corral and keep to the flats. Still a foot or so snow there with no brush but otherwise the snow is pretty thin and risking an injury on lots of rock only a few inches below the snow

                                              Sent from my iPhone

                                              On Mar 2, 2013, at 5:43 PM, Mike Cottingham <macingham13@...> wrote:

                                              Thx for info.
                                              -Mike

                                                Message 23 of 27 , Mar 3, 2013

                                                  So does Laura get the hall pass to come play today?

                                                  I think we will be heading out in an hour or two.

                                                  Pretty sure we are full in the car but will email back if someone drops out.