Crystal Ball: This weekend?

  • David Jakious
    Message 1 of 27 , Feb 27, 2013
      It is strange, Windalert seems to predict good wind in opposing directions for Sat (E) and Sun (W). Anyone with experience have a good feeling for either day?
      Message 2 of 27 , Feb 27, 2013

        Oh My!

        I would have never believed it.  That makes Lucky Peak and every other sketch launch look like a walk in the park.

        Thanks for sharing.  I felt like I was right there with you.

        Have fun and keep sharing.  Super stoked for you!

        -JBrick

        Message 3 of 27 , Feb 27, 2013
          Yeah both days.  Saturday at Last Resort if snow pack is suffice. Sunday west wind anywhere else.  That is typical for pre-frontal (Saturday) / post-frontal (Sunday)

          Saturday would be best but snow conditions at Last Resort kinda suck!!!
          Eddy

          On Feb 27, 2013, at 10:23 AM, David Jakious <davidjakious@...> wrote:

          It is strange, Windalert seems to predict good wind in opposing directions for Sat (E) and Sun (W). Anyone with experience have a good feeling for either day?

        • RUSTY HILL

              Message 6 of 27 , Feb 27, 2013

                 Yes the kite shop is right there . I didnt see any carnage , but its bound to happen .  that was my afternoon sesh and allot of site seers had left , earlier I had to shoo people off the brake water to land my kite . the loco that caught it didn't seem to think wall to wall people was a problem
                Today no wind , went to the local surf cumpony and rented SUPs and he took us out the the reef and we spent the day surfing , got a little video to share

                To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 27 , Feb 27, 2013
                  sweet!...can't wait to see the goods...

                  To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

                  Message 8 of 27 , Feb 28, 2013
                    Is the ridge the only place to kite on east winds?  The rest of the prairie only works on west?

                    Thanks,
                    David

                    Sent from my iPhone

                            Message 13 of 27 , Mar 2 8:49 AM
                              I can be ready quickly but visibility looks terrible right now and my 6mph min is not quite there. I would guess it clears for take off by 12-1

                              Eddy

                              On Mar 1, 2013, at 10:40 PM, Jake Dobson <jakedobson80@...> wrote:

                              I'm in for Saturday.

                              Jake

                              Sent from my iPad

[...]

                            • Ryan Carlson
                              Message 14 of 27 , Mar 2 9:14 AM
                                I'm game too.
                                Alby's? What time?
                                Ryan

                                Sent from my iPhone

                                Message 15 of 27 , Mar 2 9:23 AM
                                  Waiting for fog to lift.  And 6mph wind

                                  Eddy

                                  On Mar 2, 2013, at 10:14 AM, Ryan Carlson <ryancarlson358@...> wrote:

                                  I'm game too.
                                  Alby's? What time?
                                  Ryan

                                  Sent from my iPhone

[...]

                                • Greg

                                        Message 19 of 27 , Mar 2 4:24 PM
                                          Tomorrow looks to be strong winds.  Is there not enough snow, or too many obstacles poking through?

                                          -Mike C.

                                          Message 20 of 27 , Mar 2 4:38 PM
                                            I guess I should have said see Last Resort next year.  There is still some soft wet snow out at big easy.  Tony went to sno mo park so he can report later.

                                            Eddy

                                            Message 21 of 27 , Mar 2 4:43 PM
                                              Thx for info.
                                              -Mike

                                                Message 23 of 27 , Mar 2 6:13 PM
                                                  If you are going out best to park at the shed/corral and keep to the flats. Still a foot or so snow there with no brush but otherwise the snow is pretty thin and risking an injury on lots of rock only a few inches below the snow

                                                  Sent from my iPhone

                                                  On Mar 2, 2013, at 5:43 PM, Mike Cottingham <macingham13@...> wrote:

                                                  Thx for info.
                                                  -Mike

                                                    Message 25 of 27 , Mar 3 9:25 AM

                                                      So does Laura get the hall pass to come play today?

                                                      I think we will be heading out in an hour or two.

                                                      Pretty sure we are full in the car but will email back if someone drops out.