Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: weekend up date for the prairie

    Message 1 of 22 , Feb 23, 2013
      Only going to get stronger.  Go to little Camas if you must, good luck! Hopefully the snow was wet when it fell 40+ wind will scour it horribly!

      I'm saving it for tomorrow :-) got some new-2-me phat skis.

      Eddy

      On Feb 23, 2013, at 8:04 AM, "jwattboi" <jwattboi@...> wrote:

      28g32 this morning, wonder if it will mellow, build or get gusty. Looks like some fresh snow and maybe partly cloudy to blue skies. Who's in? I'm good to go whenever.

    • Jake Dobson
      Message 2 of 22 , Feb 23, 2013
        I'm in for tomorrow.  Sounds a little too strong and gusty today.

        Jake

        Sent from my iPad

        On Feb 23, 2013, at 8:13 AM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

        Only going to get stronger.  Go to little Camas if you must, good luck! Hopefully the snow was wet when it fell 40+ wind will scour it horribly!

        I'm saving it for tomorrow :-) got some new-2-me phat skis.

        Eddy

        On Feb 23, 2013, at 8:04 AM, "jwattboi" <jwattboi@...> wrote:

        28g32 this morning, wonder if it will mellow, build or get gusty. Looks like some fresh snow and maybe partly cloudy to blue skies. Who's in? I'm good to go whenever.

      • jwattboi
        Message 3 of 22 , Feb 23, 2013
          24g28 now, good visibility. I'm leaving in a little while. I'll pass Alby's about 11:30 and have room if anybody wants to go.

          Jason
          412-1893

          Message 4 of 22 , Feb 23, 2013
            36-49 in Jerome. Be cautious!!! It's going to build.

            Eddy

            --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "jwattboi" wrote:

            > 28g32 this morning, wonder if it will mellow, build or get gusty. Looks like some fresh snow and maybe partly cloudy to blue skies. Who's in? I'm good to go whenever.

          • Jason Watt
            Message 5 of 22 , Feb 23, 2013
              Might be little camas time.  Look at twin and soldier 59g79.  Might have to just hold my jacket open.

              Message 6 of 22 , Feb 23, 2013
                5 or 6 at double barrel.  Nobody at big easy or snomo park.

              • ryancarlson358@rocketmail.com
                Message 7 of 22 , Feb 24, 2013
                  What time are you heading out Eddy?
                  Albys?

                  --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "geardaddyllc" <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

                  > The wind is supposed to come thru early AM Saturday and wind advisories throughout the region. Not sure about the 6-15" of snow but fingers are crossed for something. I'm not going to bother with Saturday as it will likely be snowy, cloudy, and very gusty strong winds, maybe road closures also. So be careful. Sunday is my day to head up. Late afternoon thermal should make for another great day!
                  >
                  > ...POWERFUL WINTER STORM TONIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY...
                  >
                  > .A VERY STRONG WINTER STORM APPROACHING THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST THIS
                  > MORNING WILL TRACK BRING SNOW TO THE IDAHO MOUNTAINS TODAY AND
                  > SPREAD THROUGH MUCH OF SOUTHWEST IDAHO TONIGHT THROUGH EARLY SATURDAY
                  > MORNING. STRONG WINDS WILL DEVELOP OVER SOUTHEAST OREGON THIS
                  > AFTERNOON AND SPREAD EAST. HEAVIEST SNOW WILL FALL IN THE IDAHO
                  > MOUNTAINS NORTH OF THE SNAKE RIVER BASIN. ELEVATIONS BELOW 4500
                  > FEET WILL HAVE RAIN AT FIRST BUT WILL CHANGE TO SNOW AS A STRONG
                  > COLD FRONT MOVES THROUGH IN THE PRE- DAWN HOURS SATURDAY. STRONG
                  > WINDS ALONG THE FRONT AND THEN LATER AGAIN ON SATURDAY WILL CAUSE
                  > BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF SNOW.
                  >
                  > * SNOW AMOUNTS...6 TO 15 INCHES POSSIBLE...GREATEST AMOUNTS IN THE
                  > BOISE MOUNTAINS ABOVE 4000 FEET.
                  >
                  > * SNOW LEVELS...4500 FEET UNTIL COLD FRONT PASSES DURING THE
                  > PRE- DAWN HOURS SATURDAY. SNOW LEVEL WILL QUICKLY LOWER TO
                  > VALLEY FLOORS BEHIND THE FRONT.
                  >
                  > * WINDS...SOUTH 10 TO 20 MPH BEFORE FRONTAL PASSAGE THEN
                  > SHIFTING TO WEST 20 TO 30 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 40 MPH.
                  >
                  > * TIMING...LATE MORNING THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING. WORST
                  > CONDITIONS EXPECTED BETWEEN MIDNIGHT AND SUNRISE SATURDAY.
                  >
                  > * IMPACTS...HAZARDOUS TRAVEL ON ALL AREA ROADS DUE TO SNOW AND
                  > REDUCED VISIBILITY.
                  >

                  > --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Will Hise <will.hise@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > That would be typical since I'm on the DL and they just cancelled the PBR
                  > > event.
                  > >
                  > > You're all welcome. I shall be the wind sacrifice for you all!
                  > >
                  > > Have fun and take pictures.
                  > >

                  > > On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 2:22 PM, steve linane <itile@> wrote:
                  > >

                  > > > Fri. snow 3to 5" ,Sat. Sun. could be the best days of the year .

                • Jake Dobson
                  Message 8 of 22 , Feb 24, 2013
                    Is it still looking good for today?  I'm in for going if it is.  Are you still going Eddy?

                    Jake

                    Sent from my iPhone

                    Message 9 of 22 , Feb 24, 2013
                      Thermal session should kick in about 1-3. Yes heading up but with Family again. I have room but no seat belts!!!

                      Targeting an 11 departure from home. 11:30 Albys.

                      Eddy

                      Message 10 of 22 , Feb 24, 2013
                        Running late but probably a good thing.  Thermal has not kicked in yet, but I have faith it will at 1-2. See you guys up there probably sno mo park

                        Message 11 of 22 , Feb 24, 2013
                          Okay. No one at Alby's ...11:45. Heading out. See you up there.
                          Ryan.

                          Message 12 of 22 , Feb 24, 2013
                            Sorry Ryan. I did not get reply so just drove thru.  Looks like winter at ICR

                            Eddy

                          • Will Hise
                            Message 13 of 22 , Feb 24, 2013
                              My Canon S100 point and shoot camera was misplaced at the snow mobile park today. If, over the next few weeks, anyone spots a frozen wet black camera, please pick it up and let me know. There were a lot of baby pics on there that hadn't been downloaded yet.

                              Chances are it is pretty far upwind and probably lost forever, but thought I'd get the word out.

                              Thanks

                              --Will

                              Message 14 of 22 , Feb 24, 2013
                                Bummer on the camera.  But what a great day. The 3-dark  session was the bomb. Thermal filled in nicely.   Can't wait to see the videos and pictures Will, Rusty and Garrett. Finished evening off at the Little Camas Diner with some great burgers and brew. We closed the place down:-)

                                It's not over!!!!

                                Eddy

                                Message 15 of 22 , Feb 24, 2013

                                  Some shots from today's sessions:

                                  https://plus.google.com/photos/101982761949508000763/albums/5848764463939976305

                                  --Will

                                  Message 16 of 22 , Feb 25, 2013
                                    Awesome.  Thanks Will.

                                    Eddy

                                    On Feb 24, 2013, at 11:02 PM, Will Hise <will.hise@...> wrote:

                                    Some shots from today's sessions:

                                    https://plus.google.com/photos/101982761949508000763/albums/5848764463939976305

                                    --Will

                                    On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 9:30 PM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

                                    Bummer on the camera.  But what a great day. The 3-dark  session was the bomb. Thermal filled in nicely.   Can't wait to see the videos and pictures Will, Rusty and Garrett. Finished evening off at the Little Camas Diner with some great burgers and brew. We closed the place down:-)

                                    It's not over!!!!

                                    Eddy

                                    On Feb 24, 2013, at 9:13 PM, Will Hise <will.hise@...> wrote:

                                    My Canon S100 point and shoot camera was misplaced at the snow mobile park today. If, over the next few weeks, anyone spots a frozen wet black camera, please pick it up and let me know. There were a lot of baby pics on there that hadn't been downloaded yet.

                                    Chances are it is pretty far upwind and probably lost forever, but thought I'd get the word out.

                                    Thanks

                                    --Will

                                    On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 11:59 AM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

                                    Sorry Ryan. I did not get reply so just drove thru.  Looks like winter at ICR

                                    Eddy

                                    On Feb 24, 2013, at 11:44 AM, "ryancarlson358@..." <ryancarlson358@...> wrote:

                                    Okay. No one at Alby's ...11:45. Heading out. See you up there.
                                    Ryan.

                                    --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Gear Daddy LLC wrote:

                                    > Running late but probably a good thing. Thermal has not kicked in yet, but I have faith it will at 1-2. See you guys up there probably sno mo park
                                    >
                                    > Eddy
                                    >

                                    > On Feb 24, 2013, at 8:49 AM, Jake Dobson wrote:
                                    >
                                    > > Is it still looking good for today? I'm in for going if it is. Are you still going Eddy?
                                    > >
                                    > > Jake
                                    > >
                                    > > Sent from my iPhone
                                    > >
                                    > > On Feb 24, 2013, at 8:38 AM, "ryancarlson358@..." wrote:
                                    > >

                                    > >> What time are you heading out Eddy?