Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Thrusday Friday headsup!!!

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 11, 2013
      What a great day!!!  Purrrrrfect wind, I was nicely powered on 13m Frenzy and Laura was on her Hot 11m Frenvy! Mostly sunny.  And when you got away from exposed rocks and sage there were some fun spots.  I'd say most areas have 2-4 inch base with 6-18" on top.  So 8-22" with many raw dirt exposed areas.  They may have received a skiff of snow but I'm not sure I found any of it.  All in all season is ON but use your rock skis unless you dig the grooves.

      Looking forward to more.  But we need to put some major quarters in the snow machine. I don't see much happening for a week.  And Last Resort is for the very desperate with really crappy skis. Head towards Smiley Creek.

      Kiters: Will, Brenna, Jason Watt, and James

      Eddy

      On Jan 11, 2013, at 2:36 PM, steve linane <itile@...> wrote:

      Got a report from Tom Columba village is windy and has enough snow
      Looks like Eddy got some good wind 19 G 23 at 2:30 . temp was very good at 18 , Eddy Can you give us a detailed description of the snow condition

      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      From: jwattboi@...
      Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 11:08:08 -0700
      Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Thrusday Friday headsup!!!

      Watch roads.  Saw semi drifting by micron.  Two 4x4 in ditch or median before blacks creek.  One with boat now upside down.

      On Jan 11, 2013, at 10:59, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

      Just got to snowmobile park.  If there was new snow yesterday it blew away.  There's enough but thin.  Perfect wind and broken clouds.  More snow in my back yard thou.

      Eddy

      On Jan 10, 2013, at 7:26 PM, "jwattboi" <jwattboi@...> wrote:

      See you all up there tomorrow. I'm heading out ~11 if anyone wants to carpool.

      Jason

        From: jwattboi@...
        Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 11:08:08 -0700

        Watch roads.  Saw semi drifting by micron.  Two 4x4 in ditch or median before blacks creek.  One with boat now upside down.

        On Jan 11, 2013, at 10:59, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

        Just got to snowmobile park.  If there was new snow yesterday it blew away.  There's enough but thin.  Perfect wind and broken clouds.  More snow in my back yard thou.

        Eddy

        On Jan 10, 2013, at 7:26 PM, "jwattboi" <jwattboi@...> wrote:

        See you all up there tomorrow. I'm heading out ~11 if anyone wants to carpool.

        Jason

        --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Gear Daddy LLC wrote:

        > Heading up 9-10. Until 3.
        >
        > Eddy
        >

        > On Jan 8, 2013, at 4:03 PM, "geardaddyllc" wrote:
        >
        > > Looks like promising wind on Thursday, but I have to wait until Friday.
        > >
        > > Thursday maybe snowed in but Friday looks clearing.
        > >
        > > I'll be kiting somewhere on Friday maybe even my newest super triple secret spot... :-)
        > >
        > > Eddy

      • Will Hise
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 11, 2013
          I have to one-up eddy and say that there was more fresh snow than Wednesday. Yes it was a tad thin and there were icy blown off patches but I found a spots where all the snow blew to. Faceplant style.
          Put some new groves in my board with the rocks but it sure was fun. I'm sore and tired and happy

          Stoked there's a new spot to stop on the way home for 'coffee'! Good find!

          To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
          From: jwattboi@...
          Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 11:08:08 -0700