Re: [snowkiteidaho] Thursday

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 10, 2013
      Three things to Snowkite:

      1) SNOW - got some but still thin!!!
      2) WIND - going to be windy today and tomorrow.
      3) VISIBILITY - well, that maybe my requirement since I like to see where I'm going and get vertigo in flat light :-/ I think it will be a rough day visibility wise.

      Have fun be safe.  See ya Friday!!!

      Eddy

      On Jan 10, 2013, at 8:52 AM, David Jakious <davidjakious@...> wrote:

      Anyone heading up today or see any reason not to do so?  Looks like it will be blowing 20 around noon today until late tomorrow.

      Any advice on the best spot to start from given the snow coverage?

      Thanks,
      David

    • tony williams

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 10, 2013
          The light was pretty poor last night too. I had to ride goggle-less and still had trouble judging my landings.

          Agree with Tony, those flats at the Pine turnoff looked best yesterday.

          Send updates if you go!

          --Will

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 10, 2013
            Take your 7m 24G28 now it will be in the 30s soon

            To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 10, 2013
              Awesome. Where are you at amigo?

              I need to go snow kiting.

              Regards,
              -Jason Brickner
              Olympus Controls
              (208)-475-4670

              Please excuse any spelling or grammatical errors. Sent from my phone.

              On Jan 10, 2013, at 8:41 AM, "RUSTY HILL" <rustyshill@...> wrote:

              > Got a phone call last Thursday asking if I wanted to work in Mexico this week... Silly question. I don't know what I did to deserve this, but I've been here since Sunday and have kited every morning at sunrise and some days I've gotten a few more sessions. Brought a 13 and 17 but should have brought a 9 instead. I feel guilty telling you all this as it sounds like Boise is bathed in snow... But I know there are some of you who like to live vicariously through others' tropical adventures. Haven't had time to take photos but I was able to get this quick video last night as I was finishing my 3rd session of the day. The grassy area is what I've designated as my launch/landing area. And this photo is from our room. Enjoy!
              >

              > http://youtu.be/xqW054OTKc8
              >
              > Rusty Hill
              > 208.891.7744
              > <image.jpeg>
            • michael zolin
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 10, 2013
                Did camas get any snow?  I am thinking about going up tomorrow.  Anyone need a ride?
                Mike Z
                724-1755

                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 10, 2013
                  Wife and I have a baby sitter and will be heading out in the morning. Probably 10ish realistically. I know another couple heading out as well as stated in earlier emails. Happy to text or email reports to anyone that wants one.

                  I totally want to go in your van one day, that thing looks rad, but not when there's snow as your parking leaves a little to be desired. ;)

                  I watched to Pine turnoff cam a bunch today and they definitely got snow today, not sure how much will be left after two days of wind, but it's gotta end up somewhere right!

                  --Will