"Abducted" to be in the Sawtooth Film Fest

  • Darrel Thomas
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 8, 2007
      We have just recieved word that our movie, "Abducted by the Wind," has been accepted into the Sawtooth Mountain Film Festival at BSU.  The dates are still to be announced, but last year it was the first weekend in March.

      Let's all make go make a big showing and lots of noise,  so they know we love our sport!

      Yee Haw!
    • j clive jordan
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 9, 2007
        THANK YOU --- to all who made this possible and huge
        thanks to Whitney who put in a good word! Well post
        more info as it becomes available. In the meantime
        don't forget to check out
        http://web.mac.com/jclive/iWeb/VIDS/weekly.html and
        re-live our epic seesion last weekend -- looking for
        another SATURDAY?? If there's wind I'll be shooting.

        --- Darrel Thomas <darrelthomas@...> wrote:

        > We have just recieved word that our movie, "Abducted
        > by the Wind," has been accepted into the Sawtooth
        > Mountain Film Festival at BSU. The dates are still
        > to be announced, but last year it was the first
        > weekend in March.
        >
        > Let's all make go make a big showing and lots of
        > noise, so they know we love our sport!
        >
        > Yee Haw!
      • Andrew Goldman
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 9, 2007
          Your film does a great job of representing the sport
          and reflects why we are all passionate about wind.
          I'm glad it will get the recognition it derserves.
          Now for current conditions:
          No easy way to put this: It rained all Thur. morning
          and the sun has done substantial damage over the this
          week. It looks like mid December all over again. We
          can still kite in some of the flat areas but all
          mountains are bare. Last nights storm brought around
          2-3 inches of snow. This helps but doesn't come close
          to giving us the base we need to cover the sage.

          --- Darrel Thomas <darrelthomas@...> wrote:

          > We have just recieved word that our movie, "Abducted
          > by the Wind," has been accepted into the Sawtooth
          > Mountain Film Festival at BSU. The dates are still
          > to be announced, but last year it was the first
          > weekend in March.
          >
          > Let's all make go make a big showing and lots of
          > noise, so they know we love our sport!
          >
          > Yee Haw!

          It's here! Your new message!
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 9, 2007

            Pray for snow.

            … but after last weeks kiting in Baja, I’m already thinking about the water again.  Does anyone have any G2 on Indian Creek Res.?  Is it filling? How bad are the weeds?

            Thanks….

            -Jason

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 9, 2007
              last pass it was still ice covered but that was on Sunday. I doubt the ice is still there. Water level had not dropped any since fall.

              Weeds seem gone or at least hidden under ice.

              Talked with Jason Clack and he said you guys ripped up Baja.

              Way to go! I could have gone, but did not really know what my schedule was going to be.  I'm planning a trip to Corpus Christi around May maybe sooner depending on what the snow does if anyone else is interested.

              eddy

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 9, 2007

                Yeah,  we met Jason and the rest of the Seattle kiting crew.  Stayed at the same compound for 5 days with them.  Great group of guys… but especially Jason Clack.  That guy would give you the shirt off his back and then some.  You guys should check out the Seattle kiters forum when he is ‘honored’ for rescuing a beginner down in baja.  Great story with a good outcome.  Looping kites, tangled lines, Jason to the rescue with his kite-knife.  Actually carried the guy on his back to the beach.  ALL WHILE KITING.  I guess the guy kept whispering in his ear, “Thank you, thank you, thank you….”  Reminds me of the time Eddy rescued the stalled boat last year.

                Monty, we also saw Craig.  He’s avhell of a kiter now.  Jon Bolt saw him jumping some raft all morning one day.  Good times.  He said to tell you hi.  Wish you guys would have joined us.  You can’t get a much cheaper kite vacation.

                -Jason