RE: [snowkiteidaho] Will it be worth trying the ridge today?

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 5, 2013
      Tony
      no new snow and the camera and the weather station is down , let me know what you find out there
      Steve

      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      From: tonyswilliams@...
      Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2013 09:39:25 -0700
      Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Will it be worth trying the ridge today?

      Thinking if 12:30 departure

      Sent from my iPhone

    • Jason Watt
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 6, 2013
      Not much snow or wind yesterday.  Last Resort from the road looked like brush and just a scuff of snow.  The Big Easy flats looked covered by the road and kiteable but not enough wind.  So we drove up the Pine road a ways, not enough snow or wind up at the site by the curves in the road.  We were heading back and stopped at an area that had some snow cover in the low area by the road and there was just enough wind draining down a couple of the small valleys that Tony got in an uber-light 15m precision ski sesh.  Photos attached.

      Need lots more snow.

      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      From: tonyswilliams@...
      Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2013 09:39:25 -0700