Will it be worth trying the ridge today?

  • Tonyswilliams
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 5, 2013
      Thinking if 12:30 departure

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 5, 2013
        Tony
        no new snow and the camera and the weather station is down , let me know what you find out there
        Steve

        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        From: tonyswilliams@...
        Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2013 09:39:25 -0700
        Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Will it be worth trying the ridge today?

        Thinking if 12:30 departure

        Sent from my iPhone

      • Jason Watt
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 6, 2013
        Not much snow or wind yesterday.  Last Resort from the road looked like brush and just a scuff of snow.  The Big Easy flats looked covered by the road and kiteable but not enough wind.  So we drove up the Pine road a ways, not enough snow or wind up at the site by the curves in the road.  We were heading back and stopped at an area that had some snow cover in the low area by the road and there was just enough wind draining down a couple of the small valleys that Tony got in an uber-light 15m precision ski sesh.  Photos attached.

        Need lots more snow.

        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        From: tonyswilliams@...
        Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2013 09:39:25 -0700