Re: [snowkiteidaho] Wind Prediction - Thursday

    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 25 6:25 PM
      Only bad scenario I see is a closed hwy???

      Eddy

      On Dec 25, 2012, at 5:49 PM, David Jakious <davidjakious@...> wrote:

      Any help would be much appreciated.  Am I reading things right that Thursday 12pm-5pm looks like some good wind on the prairie?  Got family in town so we are trying to plan out the next few days and I don't want to choose the wrong day.

      Thanks

      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 25 8:07 PM
        I have checked the weather up there about every day the past week or so its been blowing E and in the teens every time , except yesterday it started in the teens and quickly reached the mid 20s east also . Thursday turns NW but the temps stay relatively high so no proverbial buddle , this could be a turn around day because Friday goes East again , so wind likely , but you mite bring your cross country  skis or head to Soldier Mt they say this is there best opening ever . that is if no wind . also I wouldn't be surprised if it stays east up there either . If there is storm activity there is usually wind , but its hard to forecast it up there . so as you can see this doesnt help allot , this helps  http://www.usairnet.com/cgi-bin/Winds/Aloft.cgi?location=BOI&Submit=Get+Forecast&hour=06&course=azimuth  but it only go out 24 hrs and it not 100%

        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        From: davidjakious@...
        Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 17:49:10 -0700
        Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Wind Prediction - Thursday

        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 26 6:08 AM
          what is "proverbial buddle"?

          On Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 9:07 PM, steve linane <itile@...> wrote:
          proverbial buddle

          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 26 8:33 AM
            we get this very cold air that hangs in the valley up there its very still no air movement . quit often when this happens its windy and much warmer every where else

            To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
            From: idakiteman@...
            Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 07:08:00 -0700
            Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Wind Prediction - Thursday

            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 26 10:33 AM
              ...some call that a "bubble" or "inversion"...but gosh darn it, I like "buddle"...that's where you drive all the way up there and get skunked so just huddle w/ yer buds & drink beer: buddlin'

              To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
              From: idakiteman@...
              Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 07:08:00 -0700