Re: [snowkiteidaho] Headed to Cascade on X-mas

  • Bill Binegar
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 24, 2012
      Brian Kerr are you out there. I know you've sledded into Westmtn and done some kiting.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Dec 24, 2012, at 9:45 AM, michael zolin <zolie22@...> wrote:

      I will be up  on west mountain Sat-Mon.

      Mike Z
      724-1755

      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 26, 2012
        Hey Bill , Rusty and other Cascadians,
        Garrett will be snowmobiling on top of West Mountain today and can give us a report of conditions. I assume there is plenty of snow on top. The real question is can we access the open ridge we use for kiting. There is a long hill climb that protects the area from casual recreational snowmobilers and it is extremely tough to climb in new or deep snow. There is a backdoor access trail but we couldn't find it last season.
        We dubbed the area Shangrala because it is in this spectacular remote hidden valley overlooking southwestern Idaho and eastern Oregon. We have only kited there once and I don't think anyone else has ever kited there since.
        I am going to Cascade on Thursday evening or Friday. Looks like we may have some clearing of the weather. We would love to hook up with any and all if we get some wind. Our cabin is at the south end of the lake. The South lake narrows and creates a venture effect near our cabin. It is where the Sailboats always have their regattas in the summer. So if the wind is marginal it is a great place. They keep a parking lot plowed at the Blue Heron boat launch 2 miles south of the golf course. Our cabin is opposite Blue Heron at 12 Ridge, Cascade ID.

        If you want to see pictures of Shangrala;
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/snowkiteidaho/photos/album/1328558151/pic/list
        or go to the photos link page 2 "A Room with a View
        West Mountain Shangrala"

        --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Bill Binegar <billyg2477@...> wrote:

        > Brian Kerr are you out there. I know you've sledded into Westmtn and done some kiting.
        >
        > Sent from my iPhone
        >
        > On Dec 24, 2012, at 9:45 AM, michael zolin <zolie22@...> wrote:
        >
        > > I will be up on west mountain Sat-Mon.
        > >
        > > Mike Z
        > > 724-1755

      • RUSTY HILL
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 26, 2012
          Brian, that sounds fantastic. I'm definitely down for chasing some wind!!!

          Rusty Hill
          208.891.7744

          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 26, 2012
            Rusty, take your PG and motor up to the area.

            Eddy

            On Dec 26, 2012, at 10:00 AM, RUSTY HILL <rustyshill@...> wrote:

            Brian, that sounds fantastic. I'm definitely down for chasing some wind!!!

            Rusty Hill
            208.891.7744

            On Dec 26, 2012, at 9:29 AM, "Brian" <bkerrmd@...> wrote:

            Hey Bill , Rusty and other Cascadians,
            Garrett will be snowmobiling on top of West Mountain today and can give us a report of conditions. I assume there is plenty of snow on top. The real question is can we access the open ridge we use for kiting. There is a long hill climb that protects the area from casual recreational snowmobilers and it is extremely tough to climb in new or deep snow. There is a backdoor access trail but we couldn't find it last season.
            We dubbed the area Shangrala because it is in this spectacular remote hidden valley overlooking southwestern Idaho and eastern Oregon. We have only kited there once and I don't think anyone else has ever kited there since.
            I am going to Cascade on Thursday evening or Friday. Looks like we may have some clearing of the weather. We would love to hook up with any and all if we get some wind. Our cabin is at the south end of the lake. The South lake narrows and creates a venture effect near our cabin. It is where the Sailboats always have their regattas in the summer. So if the wind is marginal it is a great place. They keep a parking lot plowed at the Blue Heron boat launch 2 miles south of the golf course. Our cabin is opposite Blue Heron at 12 Ridge, Cascade ID.

            If you want to see pictures of Shangrala;
            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/snowkiteidaho/photos/album/1328558151/pic/list
            or go to the photos link page 2 "A Room with a View
            West Mountain Shangrala"

            --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Bill Binegar <billyg2477@...> wrote:

            > Brian Kerr are you out there. I know you've sledded into Westmtn and done some kiting.
            >
            > Sent from my iPhone
            >
            > On Dec 24, 2012, at 9:45 AM, michael zolin <zolie22@...> wrote:
            >
            > > I will be up on west mountain Sat-Mon.
            > >
            > > Mike Z
            > > 724-1755

          • RUSTY HILL
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 26, 2012
              Yeah... I'd like to but I'm headed up to cascade for a week or so... When I return I'll be heading up for sure

              Rusty Hill
              208.891.7744