Camas on Xmas eve

  • RUSTY HILL
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 24, 2012
      So it looks like camas got plenty of snow last night and it beautiful today. Anyone else want to slip out for a couple hours with me?

      Rusty Hill
      208.891.7744
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 24, 2012
        everything looks good but they got hwy 20 closed

        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 24, 2012
          I guess that answers my question... Thanks Steve!

          Rusty Hill
          208.891.7744

          To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

            From: rustyshill@...
            Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 09:40:12 -0700

            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 24, 2012
              thats right its north of Idaho falls

              To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

              From: rustyshill@...
              Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 09:40:12 -0700

              So it looks like camas got plenty of snow last night and it beautiful today. Anyone else want to slip out for a couple hours with me?

              Rusty Hill
              208.891.7744

            • David Jakious

                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 24, 2012
                  It looks like there is plenty of coverage right now… Most of the area has grass and sagebrush buried under the snow. The snow gets drifted into the valleys of the hills and is usually fluffy and wonderful. This time of year you just avoid the rocky areas…

                  RUSTY HILL
                  rustyshill@...

                  To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

                  From: rustyshill@...
                  Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 09:40:12 -0700

                  So it looks like camas got plenty of snow last night and it beautiful today. Anyone else want to slip out for a couple hours with me?

                  Rusty Hill
                  208.891.7744

                • Josh Woodland

                    Message 9 of 15 , Dec 25, 2012
                      Any help would be much appreciated.  Am I reading things right that Thursday 12pm-5pm looks like some good wind on the prairie?  Got family in town so we are trying to plan out the next few days and I don't want to choose the wrong day.

                      Thanks

                    • RUSTY HILL

                        From: rustyshill@...
                        Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 09:40:12 -0700

                        Message 11 of 15 , Dec 25, 2012
                          Only bad scenario I see is a closed hwy???

                          Eddy

                          Message 12 of 15 , Dec 25, 2012
                            I have checked the weather up there about every day the past week or so its been blowing E and in the teens every time , except yesterday it started in the teens and quickly reached the mid 20s east also . Thursday turns NW but the temps stay relatively high so no proverbial buddle , this could be a turn around day because Friday goes East again , so wind likely , but you mite bring your cross country  skis or head to Soldier Mt they say this is there best opening ever . that is if no wind . also I wouldn't be surprised if it stays east up there either . If there is storm activity there is usually wind , but its hard to forecast it up there . so as you can see this doesnt help allot , this helps  http://www.usairnet.com/cgi-bin/Winds/Aloft.cgi?location=BOI&Submit=Get+Forecast&hour=06&course=azimuth  but it only go out 24 hrs and it not 100%

                            To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                            From: davidjakious@...
                            Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 17:49:10 -0700
                            Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Wind Prediction - Thursday

                            Message 13 of 15 , Dec 26, 2012
                              what is "proverbial buddle"?

                              On Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 9:07 PM, steve linane <itile@...> wrote:
                              proverbial buddle

                              Message 14 of 15 , Dec 26, 2012
                                we get this very cold air that hangs in the valley up there its very still no air movement . quit often when this happens its windy and much warmer every where else

                                To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                From: idakiteman@...
                                Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 07:08:00 -0700
                                Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Wind Prediction - Thursday

                                Message 15 of 15 , Dec 26, 2012
                                  ...some call that a "bubble" or "inversion"...but gosh darn it, I like "buddle"...that's where you drive all the way up there and get skunked so just huddle w/ yer buds & drink beer: buddlin'

                                  To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                  From: idakiteman@...
                                  Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 07:08:00 -0700