Snow kite the Beartooths

  • Darrel Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 14, 2005
      I am considering going to MT/WY to snow kite off the Beartooth Highway, Which goes across northern WY just outside of Yellowstone to Redlodge, MT.  It is the longest stretch of highway above 10,000ft in N. America.  There is a sizeable plateau up there that should be good for kiting.  There is also a MT contingent that is looking at the same thing.

      I am not yet sure when to go.  The highway should open Mem. day weekend, may 27-30.  this might be the best bet.  I could also go the second weekend in June, the 11-12 plus a couple more days.

      Let me know if you are interested.

      Darrel