Which is the better snowkite harness?

  • Mike Cottingham
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 21, 2012
      Anyone out there using snowkite specific harnesses?  Both my "seat" and "waist" harnesses don't work well with snowkiting.  So I'm looking at buying the Ozone Access seat harness, or the Mystic Blazer seat harness.  The Ozone Access looks like a beefy rock climbing harness.  It looks to be the better harness.  If any of you have tried these two harnesses tell me what you think.

      - Mike

    • Will Hise
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 21, 2012
        I ordered an Ozone for this year. I've not worn it previously, but heard good things all around. I've worn waist, seat and trunk harnesses on snow and personally really like waist harnesses. They just are such a pain to get over or under my snow clothes.

        I took apart a jacket last year and opened up the pockets so my harness could go under the jacket with the spreader bar on the outside (kinda like this only a lot cheaper). That worked well but was a tad drafty.

        If you can wait to decide, you're welcome to try mine when it arrives.

        As a note, I have some friends that wear a plain old climbing harness for snowkiting and shackle in. They seem to like it just fine without all the back support that kiting harnesses add. Might be worth a try if you're ok shackling in.

        --Will

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 21, 2012
          I've got both the blazer and ozone access harnesses.  I like the construction of the mystic but not so much the fit.  Ozone is much more universal. But that's just my arse talking :-). Rock climbing harnesses are the minimalist approach but no bar options.

           If you wanna try both let me know. I'm putting together an order next week and I have the new Ozone Summit kite enroute for demos also.  And to top it off I have a 16m FireFly coming.

          Pray for snow
          Eddy

[...]

        • Jack Harrison
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 21, 2012
            I have a mystic that I dont use, kite specific but don't know style.  you're welcome to try it out

            Jack Harrison

            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 21, 2012
              I'm solely after a seat style harness.  One where the front of the leg straps are connected with webbing to the spreader bar.  The Ozone Access (with spreader bar) has that design.  The pictures online for the Mystic Blazer seat harness don't show the front of the harness, so I can't see if webbing connects the leg straps to the spreader bar.  So I'm definitely leaning towards the Ozone Access.  However, the back support pad on the Blazer looks larger than the Ozone Access which is appealing.  Decisions, decisions.

              Praying for snow is probably the one thing that will get me to go to church.  I feel like a uncivilized heathen this time of year.

              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 21, 2012
                Is it a seat style harness called the Mystic Blazer?  They make both, but with the same name.

                -Mike

                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 21, 2012
                  Eddy,

                  If you have both harnesses and they are both "seat" style, then I would like to try them on.  It would be easy to make the decision if I actually had the harness in my hands.  I think the Ozone Access is a one size fits all.  The Blazer comes in different sizes, which one do you have?

                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 21, 2012
                    I have both and a hook in garage ceiling. Come and sit a while.

                    Eddy

                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 21, 2012
                      That's hilarious.  You actually have a hook in your ceiling to simulate being hooked into a kite?  I'm in.  What day and time works for you.  I'm pretty much available anytime, except for tonight.

                      Message 10 of 10 , Dec 22, 2012
                        Give me a call I'll give you directions 863-6966

                        Eddy