Re: wind alert

  • jwattboi
    Message 1 of 29 , Dec 4, 2012
      I launched from the north side but the area closer to the bridge. There's a good shallow area to walk out and drift launch. After the rain, the the road to cocaine flats would have been seriously mucky.

      Message 2 of 29 , Dec 4, 2012

        Yeah…. I remember someone tearing up their front end transmission one spring in the mud.

        Man… I could use a fix.  I’ll have to hit the snow…

        -JBrick

        I launched from the north side but the area closer to the bridge. There's a good shallow area to walk out and drift launch. After the rain, the the road to cocaine flats would have been seriously mucky.

        --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:

        > Did you launch from 'cocaine flats' or on the south side of the river?
        >

        > -JBrick

      • Greg
        Message 3 of 29 , Dec 4, 2012
          While not as fun as snow kiting nor as studly as kitesurfing in December I got in some skateboarding behind my 3m trainer kite. It will have to suffice til then.

          Sent from my iPhone

          Message 4 of 29 , Feb 19
            Looks like Friday ( high of 54 ) could be windy and warm at the river or CJ , I know Bill , Jason and Greg , wanted to get in on the next opportunity . Saturday ( high of 49 ) also possible but cooler . one model is forecasting a strong SE on Sunday but a high of only 43
          • Gregory Da let
            Message 5 of 29 , Feb 19
              Gonna be out of town😫

              Sent from my iPhone

              On Feb 19, 2015, at 10:51 AM, 'Steve Linane' itile@... [snowkiteidaho] <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

              Looks like Friday ( high of 54 ) could be windy and warm at the river or CJ , I know Bill , Jason and Greg , wanted to get in on the next opportunity . Saturday ( high of 49 ) also possible but cooler . one model is forecasting a strong SE on Sunday but a high of only 43

            • Peter Hammett
              Message 6 of 29 , Feb 19
                I'd be into going on Friday. Please let me know if you are heading out. Thanks,
                -Peter 425-890-3104

                To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                From: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 10:51:57 -0700
                Subject: [snowkiteidaho] wind alert

                Message 7 of 29 , Feb 20
                  I can't get away today, but Saturday looks good.   Peak is forecast at 2, sunny and 47, I'm in.

                  Looks like Friday ( high of 54 ) could be windy and warm at the river or CJ , I know Bill , Jason and Greg , wanted to get in on the next opportunity . Saturday ( high of 49 ) also possible but cooler . one model is forecasting a strong SE on Sunday but a high of only 43

                • Bill Binegar
                  Message 8 of 29 , Feb 20
                    I cannot make either day. Hockey, volleyball and minor calf injury

                    Billy G

                    Sent from my iPhone

                    Message 9 of 29 , Feb 21
                      18 and building now.  I hope it gets as good as the graph from yesterday looked.  I'm going to head out around 11 and Mike Z and a friend are heading out too.

                      Anybody else?
                    • jwattboi
                      Message 10 of 29 , Feb 21
                        Three of us had a solid day on the river.  Cloudy at first, then skies cleared and wind ramped up.  Kites out were 8, 9.5 , and 10.