Re: [snowkiteidaho] We're famous

  • Greg
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 4, 2012
      A pray for snow and wind party

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Dec 4, 2012, at 11:20 AM, Will Hise <will.hise@...> wrote:

      Can I sue you for a joke that wasn't funny?

      ;)

      Can we pleeeaaaaaasse get some snow and wind so I can get out of my email and get outside?!

      Miss you all. We need a party or a happy hour or something.

      --Will

      On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 10:57 AM, Jon Bolt <idakiteman@...> wrote:

      FOLKS...it was a joke!  ...a little play on Steve's "Only in America..." thanksgiving..!!!

      On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 10:27 AM, Will Hise <will.hise@...> wrote:

      Actually, if you were in a public place, they have every right to use footage without your permission.

      See:
      Members of the public have a very
      limited scope of privacy rights when
      they are in public places. Basically,
      anyone can be photographed without
      their consent except when they have
      secluded themselves in places where
      they have a reasonable expectation of
      privacy such as dressing rooms, restrooms,
      medical facilities, and inside
      their homes.

      Specific to video, if you were both there for 2 seconds total, I doubt you could argue that you were a "main model" in the commercial endevour. That makes you incidental models in a public place. Good luck with that lawsuit.

      Don't make a big deal out of this. You're in a video! That should be seen as "cool, I'm in a video!" not "I'm going to sue you!"

      On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 9:55 AM, Whitney Rearick <whitnuld@...> wrote:

      I'm not for lawsuits, but it's not cool to use footage commercially without permission. Jon's question is a good one.

      On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 9:02 AM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

      Be kool ... don't sue!!! It's an "understood" thingy, otherwise we all loose. Play at own risk and let others enjoy.

      Peace,
      Eddy

      On Dec 4, 2012, at 6:59 AM, Jon Bolt <idakiteman@...> wrote:

      ...Only in America........hey!...did you guys sign written releases authorizing film makers to use footage of you for their own commercial gain???  If not, I see a good 'ol American royalties suit in yer future!!!

      On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 7:12 PM, Chris Lee <chris133@...> wrote:

      I caught a little at 7.1 this weekend. it's playing on 7.2 now!

      steve linane <itile@...> wrote:

      Only in America could this happen to someone with such humble beginnings , snowkiting has been very very good to me .. Can wait to see it , fast forward to the end .

      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      From: darrelthomasisnow@...
      Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 03:23:18 +0000
      Subject: [snowkiteidaho] We're famous

      Steve L, you and I made it into "Idaho the Movie." There's about 2 seconds of snowkiting towards the end - a shot of me with the "Go Broncos" kite, then a shot of you in the air.

    • j clive
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 11, 2012
        Duuushbags. All of u

        http://kitesites.com/wp/2012/12/04/reach-for-the-sky/