Re: wind alert

  • jwattboi
    Message 1 of 29 , Dec 3, 2012
      Message 2 of 29 , Dec 4, 2012

        Did you launch from ‘cocaine flats’ or on the south side of the river?

        -JBrick

          I launched from the north side but the area closer to the bridge. There's a good shallow area to walk out and drift launch. After the rain, the the road to cocaine flats would have been seriously mucky.

          Message 4 of 29 , Dec 4, 2012

            Yeah…. I remember someone tearing up their front end transmission one spring in the mud.

            Man… I could use a fix.  I’ll have to hit the snow…

            -JBrick

            I launched from the north side but the area closer to the bridge. There's a good shallow area to walk out and drift launch. After the rain, the the road to cocaine flats would have been seriously mucky.

            --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:

            > Did you launch from 'cocaine flats' or on the south side of the river?
            >

            > -JBrick

          • Greg
            Message 5 of 29 , Dec 4, 2012
              While not as fun as snow kiting nor as studly as kitesurfing in December I got in some skateboarding behind my 3m trainer kite. It will have to suffice til then.

              Sent from my iPhone

              Message 6 of 29 , Feb 19, 2015
                Looks like Friday ( high of 54 ) could be windy and warm at the river or CJ , I know Bill , Jason and Greg , wanted to get in on the next opportunity . Saturday ( high of 49 ) also possible but cooler . one model is forecasting a strong SE on Sunday but a high of only 43
              • Gregory Da let
                Message 7 of 29 , Feb 19, 2015
                  Gonna be out of town😫

                  Sent from my iPhone

                  On Feb 19, 2015, at 10:51 AM, 'Steve Linane' itile@... [snowkiteidaho] <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                  Looks like Friday ( high of 54 ) could be windy and warm at the river or CJ , I know Bill , Jason and Greg , wanted to get in on the next opportunity . Saturday ( high of 49 ) also possible but cooler . one model is forecasting a strong SE on Sunday but a high of only 43

                • Peter Hammett
                  Message 8 of 29 , Feb 19, 2015
                    I'd be into going on Friday. Please let me know if you are heading out. Thanks,
                    -Peter 425-890-3104

                    To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                    From: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                    Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 10:51:57 -0700
                    Subject: [snowkiteidaho] wind alert

                    Message 9 of 29 , Feb 20, 2015
                      I can't get away today, but Saturday looks good.   Peak is forecast at 2, sunny and 47, I'm in.

                      Looks like Friday ( high of 54 ) could be windy and warm at the river or CJ , I know Bill , Jason and Greg , wanted to get in on the next opportunity . Saturday ( high of 49 ) also possible but cooler . one model is forecasting a strong SE on Sunday but a high of only 43

                    • Bill Binegar
                      Message 10 of 29 , Feb 20, 2015
                        I cannot make either day. Hockey, volleyball and minor calf injury

                        Billy G

                        Sent from my iPhone

                        Message 11 of 29 , Feb 21, 2015
                          18 and building now.  I hope it gets as good as the graph from yesterday looked.  I'm going to head out around 11 and Mike Z and a friend are heading out too.

                          Anybody else?
                        • jwattboi
                          Message 12 of 29 , Feb 21, 2015
                            Three of us had a solid day on the river.  Cloudy at first, then skies cleared and wind ramped up.  Kites out were 8, 9.5 , and 10.