RE: [snowkiteidaho] Re: wind alert

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2012
      You are right grandview tells the story . my experience is when its west CJ is very good . wind blowing over the dam not swirling over the bluff

      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      From: jwattboi@...
      Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 16:34:28 +0000
      Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: wind alert

      Look at the Grandview readings. They were the highest I think I've seen that station when I've kited down there. The Grandview chart looks better than the AFB station. I did notice the direction wasn't the normal NW, but more westerly. Maybe the wind at the AFB was not consistent if it was flowing over the river canyon and swirling around up to the airbase. I only went behind the islands once because of the wind direction. When I started my 12m sesh, I headed significantly more towards the bridge than normal.